6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
June 30, 2020, 1:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Seeing and hearing a crowd looks and sounds weird.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 59
thefish
June 30, 2020, 4:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from diehardmariner

Since he left I've often felt we lack someone like him in the middle, a bit of an 'orrible illegitimate.  Technically very average, but every team needs someone who will do the dirty work.  Whatever you say about Rose as a player, he had balls of steel too.

I’d argue that Hess has been better in the defensive midfield roll than Rose ever was!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
Abdul19
June 30, 2020, 6:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from thefish

I’d argue that Hess has been better in the defensive midfield roll than Rose ever was!

He was, but there was none of this wonderful kind of shithousery

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1067549177616445440?s=19

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 59
arryarryarry
June 30, 2020, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from diehardmariner

Since he left I've often felt we lack someone like him in the middle, a bit of an 'orrible illegitimate.  Technically very average, but every team needs someone who will do the dirty work.  Whatever you say about Rose as a player, he had balls of steel too.

I thought his biggest assets were his throw ins and penalties. As a midfielder I thought he spent too much time passing backwards.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 59
jamesgtfc
June 30, 2020, 8:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
I've seen him a few times for Notts County since he left and he still seems to have a clanger in him every game from messing about in areas where he really should know better.

Decent footballer but his concentration lets him down. That said, Hanson would have a field day from his throw ins. When a team has a player that effective from a throw in, defenders hesitate when clearing the ball.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
aldi_01
July 1, 2020, 6:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Rose, a little said about him the better in my opinion. Balls of steal or just doing his job? Didn’t rate the guy at all but each to their own I guess.

As for Jolley, he kept up arguably the worst town side we’ve seen, including those fuckwits that took us down. For that he deserves praise and recognition, but that’s where it ends for me I’m afraid.

It’s become apparent since he left that his arrogance and attitude was a problem, I believe he had much higher opinions of himself than he should have and at times the football was as woeful as under Slade/Woods.

Will get another job? Who knows, probably but I’d imagine Bolton have higher expectations that a no mark like Jolley.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 1, 2020, 1:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,988
Gold Stars: 283
Whenever I watched Rose I always felt that there was a player in there but we only saw flashes of it, the rest of the time he was average at best.

I'm always frustrated by players like that, I instinctively want them to come good and play for us for years.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
HertsGTFC
July 1, 2020, 5:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,634
Gold Stars: 217
Rose was an alright player in bang average if not poor teams under both Town managers he played for.

Seems to have done well at Notts County arguably he may have found his level.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
pen penfras
July 1, 2020, 8:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
At the start of his last season, I thought he was one of our best players and looked really good until he got injured, then he came back making the calamitous mistakes he was prone to and never picked up form again. Probably not helped by the decision to have the entire midfield sit deep for 90 minutes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 59
toontown
July 1, 2020, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
I thought he had good technique, but not quite as good as he thought he had and poor concentration, hence the giving the ball away in a dangerous area clangers he would drop every game. As someone else mentioned absolute balls of steel for penalties though, best pen taker I've seen for town. When he put the ball on the spot you knew it was in every time, which was a nice change!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.