arryarryarry
June 25, 2020, 4:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Some views about MJ from a Bolton forum :-

" Jolley is a clever bloke, and very Moneyball - Cambridge MA in economics, coaching badges up the wazoo. Didn't exactly scorch the heather at Grimsby but few do, and the circumstances of his exit were peculiar rather than particularly worrying."

"I've got a sneaky suspicion Michael Jolley ticks a lot of the FV-highlighted boxes; I just hope we don't find ourselves a month into the season with poor results sparking complaints about a couple of wet-eared kids (he and Phoenix) at the helm."

"Left his first job because he fell out with the board. Left his second after launching a huge expletive filled rant at the local media - not very promising for a man to come and manage Bolton Wanderers....in fact it screams problems to me in these circumstances!"

"Yeah, neither of those things worries me. He left a small Swedish club over "the direction of the club" - which usually means money. Then he had a pop at a radio reporter who in a rather weaselly move leaked it. Various quotes are here and there's plenty who'd say that shows passion; in a Fergie or Big Sam it'd be heralded as protective genius.
I'm not saying he's the answer, but those things don't worry me. The fact the rant (or "impassioned defence") came after a seven-game winless win is more worrying."

"Having read the quotes it screams 'Keith Hill' to me. Just don't want someone who becomes confrontational over criticism, perceived or otherwise. Hill was starting fights before anyone had really raised an eyebrow in his direction. Bolton is a tough place to manage - I want someone who gets it, is tough and no nonsense, but also has a touch of class about them in difficult circumstances - Parky and Rioch both displayed said characteristics."
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 59
marinerdazza
June 25, 2020, 4:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,847
Gold Stars: 82
This all seems so long ago now.

I can't honestly see him at a league club. A spell in the conference perhaps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 59
MarinerDevil
June 25, 2020, 5:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 80
Seems a lifetime ago, doesn't it?  

If he ends up at Bolton it will show just how good of a talker he is.  I don't mean that disparagingly; he talks very well, but it won't be his managerial record that lands him another job in the EFL.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 59
pizzzza
June 25, 2020, 5:51pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Wish him well wherever he ends up, on the couple of occasions I spoke to him he seemed polite and knowledgeable. It didn't end well for him here at Town but it never does, does it?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 59
forza ivano
June 25, 2020, 10:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,150
Gold Stars: 265
I wish him all the best and all the luck in the world, but wonder if the best move for him would be a basket case like macclesfield  ,morecambe or scunny😜🤣 or a big, failed non league club like Wrexham stockport ,poolies, or york where he could re establish himself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 59
headingly_mariner
June 28, 2020, 7:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
I hope they appoint him just for a laugh. Ultra negative in his approach and a bit of a male masturbator.

Not all bad as we ground some results out to stay safe but in the main the football was dreadful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 59
GrimRob
June 28, 2020, 7:15pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
Hope he gets the job or something else in the pro game. Only way we will find out if it was him or us.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 59
pen penfras
June 28, 2020, 7:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimRob
Hope he gets the job or something else in the pro game. Only way we will find out if it was him or us.

If what was him or us?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 59
hheh2
June 28, 2020, 8:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
I want him back managing somewhere would be interested to see how he gets on

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 59
Madeleymariner
June 28, 2020, 10:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from hheh2
I want him back managing somewhere would be interested to see how he gets on

I agree, would be interesting to see how he got on and as someone said earlier was it him or us (could ask that of a lot of our recent managers)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.