Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone watching the Live Football on TV ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 119 Guests

Anyone watching the Live Football on TV ?

This thread currently has 28,051 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
June 17, 2020, 9:27pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Gaffer58
Told you, Luis comes on, makes a mistake, goal to the mancs

He's not playing anymore now.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 217
Manchester Mariner
June 17, 2020, 9:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
That's a good night's work. On as a substitute, give away a goal, give away a penalty and get sent off with over half an hour still to play. But still, he's won countless trophies, league titles in numerous countries,champions league, Europa league etc.

Mad.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 217
psgmariner
June 17, 2020, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Listening to the last few minutes on 5live. Proper weird.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 217
The Yard Dog
June 17, 2020, 10:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from jock dock tower
Am I the only who just couldn't give a toss about the Premiership?

Football without fans there is totally meaningless.

I am with you Jock, gave up watching the Premiership years ago, especially Match of the day. I find the summming up very boring, I prefer Jimmy Hill to these clowns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 217
Yossarian
June 17, 2020, 10:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,073
Gold Stars: 18
I was quite excited at first - normally I dont watch Prem League apart from the occasional MOTD...... so I shelled out £30 for the NOW TV monthly pass.

I last 30 mins of the Villa/Sheff game and then had about 15 mins of the Man City game on...... and then it was back to "ah yeah, I'd rather spend time with my kids having a BBQ"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 217
aldi_01
June 18, 2020, 6:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I didn’t hate watching it because I have a hatred for the premier league...if people dislike it that much they should’ve realised it wouldn’t have been any different.

I think it was just proof that teams and players aren’t arsed about finishing the season.

Their so called glorious technology failed miserably costing a team a valuable goal, the quality was somewhat lacking and the lack of a crowd just made it odd.

Both games had a pre season feel about them, couple that with arsenal convoluted travel plans and those horrific ‘Sky VIP’ screens behind the goal and it was just a cringey experience. I’ve not doubt the quality is likely to improve but it just seemed to lack any kind of excitement.

If anyone wants to hear a fan point of view in Italy I’d suggest checking out the statement by SPALs ultras about the whole thing. It’s the most eloquent statement released by a fan group ever...

Here’s the translation....

Football is not a theatrical representation. The shirts we support are the colors of a city, they are the symbols of a deep bond of belonging between the territory and its people, and not simply costumes to be worn by the actors of a company. The stadiums are monuments steeped in history and not cardboard scenographies to be moved according to a script already written. Finally the public, who does not assist in football but participates. It does not follow a story but is part of it, and even has the ambition to determine it.

With this in mind, the only one that belongs to us, we can only follow up on the first release of the Curva Ovest of April 2, 2020 regarding the suspension of the championship. The current context empties football of any content as far as we are concerned. We are less interested in the game, ranking and category than before, if the direction in which the recovery is moving is that of an aseptic show, for the benefit of empty or partially empty stands. We have heard gruesome hypotheses about the possible reopening in the last few days. Well, we make it clear right away that the quota and the distancing of the public go against all the principles of aggregation that we have always supported. We will not use any voucher, no credit formula, no title.

If we can't hug each other after a victory or wave our flags in the face of a defeat - and do it all together as it always has been - we prefer not to be there at all. Our material (banners, scarves, banners) will not color the curve to make television footage more palatable, because it would lose its meaning. The ultras and the fans in general are not an ornamental element of live football, they are a pillar.

Of course we cannot impose our line of thought on anyone, but the battle we have been waging for years against this form of theatricalization of football has reached a decisive turning point. We will never be accomplices of a pilot project of social distancing, aimed not too veiled at the standardization of the customer-football and which goes to the detriment of that folklore and that story that instead cheering represents. On this stance we expect the solidarity of those close to us and the respect of all the others, and we will not accept that the steps of the West (at least those) suffer the humiliation of a contingent population, made up of spectators seated and distant, at regardless of our absence.

We would like to continue our aggregation work outside the stadium, to create unity in the spalling cheer, to bring people closer to the world of the curve. We would like to have you all in place and show how accessory the game is compared to the values ​​we support, and not vice versa. But currently the safety conditions do not allow it and you can continue to attend it in compliance with the rules but without the possibility of organizing collective gatherings, therefore you just have to distance yourself from the established media circus and invite you to do the same. Boycotting televisions, ignoring an indistinguishable championship from a video game, and despising prepackaged behavioral and consumerist models both within and outside the home. If this emergency becomes an excuse to transform Mazza and the other stadiums into many outdoor theaters, at least we will not have contributed to the process. We know that for many, such a choice represents a painful renunciation, but we are convinced that today's sacrifice will be important in tomorrow's football.

If and when the conditions for assisting are once again the same as before, then we will resume our place.

But until that day we pull the curtain.

Curva Ovest Ferrara #NOF

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 217
Rick12
June 18, 2020, 7:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Yossarian

I last 30 mins of the Villa/Sheff game and then had about 15 mins of the Man City game on...... and then it was back to "ah yeah, I'd rather spend time with my kids having a BBQ"

The Fury/Joshua proposed 2 fights next year should be more fun  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 217
supertown
June 18, 2020, 7:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
I like watching the premiership. I like football , those of you who don’t like watching it don’t like football you just like GTFC I guess and nothing else .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 217
Meza
June 18, 2020, 8:53am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,637
Gold Stars: 50
I watched the highlights as I don't have Sky, but BT Sport.  However as some have already mentioned it definitely had a pre-season feel to it, its just soulless without the fans.

I saw the news yesterday and it mentioned that the PL are trying to get the fans back in the stadium, and it comes across as stuff all the rest we look after ourselves.  The PL in my eyes act as if they are the FA.  I much as I like football I just don't like the way the PL go about things is all too selfish for me.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 217
MuddyWaters
June 18, 2020, 9:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
I guess it's necessary for football in general to get back up and running if only for the prospect of TV contracts being fulfilled and the potential for money to filter down to our level. Villa v The Pigs was dull, City v Arsenal less so if only for the 25 minute cameo of David Luiz.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 217
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone watching the Live Football on TV ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.