Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Macclesfield punishment date
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 359 Guests

Macclesfield punishment date

This thread currently has 6,959 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc82
June 13, 2020, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Does anyone know when the final decision on Macclesfield's punishment will be made? My friend at work hates Stevenage with a passion and is desperate for them to be relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
CodHead
June 13, 2020, 6:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +158
Quoted from gtfc82
Does anyone know when the final decision on Macclesfield's punishment will be made? My friend at work hates Stevenage with a passion and is desperate for them to be relegated.

Not sure mate
But 100% agree with your work friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
Epworth Mariner
June 14, 2020, 8:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
Decision meeting was apparently held last Friday.......just waiting for announcement
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
IlkleyMariner
June 14, 2020, 8:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,873
Gold Stars: 66
Could be legal challenges being heard in private, but can't go on much longer.

Alternatively they have decided but await the National League vote on Monday.  If the National League vote to scrap the season, only Barrow go up to replace Bury and no other relegation from league 2
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
fishboyUTM
June 16, 2020, 1:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Think your mate will be disappointed. Reckon they will deduct more points from Macclesfield and they'll go down. Quite rightly as well, they've been taking the urine and are clearly insolvent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
jamesgtfc
June 16, 2020, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
If Macclesfield are relegated I can't see the National League accepting them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
arryarryarry
June 16, 2020, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jamesgtfc
If Macclesfield are relegated I can't see the National League accepting them.

I thought that the EFL had stated that no clubs will be relegated to the National League unless the N.L. confirm that next season will be started so there will be a place for the relegated team to play so if the N.L. will not accept Macclesfield then they may end up not being relegated and only one team (Barrow) come up.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
jamesgtfc
June 16, 2020, 10:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought that the EFL had stated that no clubs will be relegated to the National League unless the N.L. confirm that next season will be started so there will be a place for the relegated team to play so if the N.L. will not accept Macclesfield then they may end up not being relegated and only one team (Barrow) come up.

My point was more to do with the National League having more of a backbone when it comes to financial problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
arryarryarry
June 16, 2020, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jamesgtfc

My point was more to do with the National League having more of a backbone when it comes to financial problems.

I understand that, my point was that if the N.L. don't accept them they may not be relegated.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
aldi_01
June 17, 2020, 6:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think the NL jumped the gun a little but also, just had the balderdash to make a decision, unlike the EFL and PL that have just allowed this to drag on and then based their decision to play on entirely on financial decisions rather than for the good of the game and health of players and so forth.

It’s hard, in a points based system I have no doubt Stevenage would’ve gone down. They have been woeful all season but, Macclesfield have clearly flouted the rules, have loved beyond their means and have found themselves in serious financial trouble. It may be excrement for the fans (although I’m sure they enjoyed their promotion season, again, a season they clearly overspent in) but the EFL needs to grow a pair and enforce the punishment they have outlined in their rules.

I can see that being Stevenage’s saving grace...it’s a mess though and although Macclesfield isn’t a bad away day, I’m not sure anyone will be disappointed either will go.

The NL have a bigger decision around start dates, which naturally will impact the decision, but also we know the NL has a spine and won’t accept clubs in Macclesfield’s position so they could go down again...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Macclesfield punishment date

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.