Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › March tomorrow in Cleethorpes.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

March tomorrow in Cleethorpes.

This thread currently has 11,785 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
June 14, 2020, 10:42am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from monkeyboy
Can’t see what this blm protest is supposed to achieve

Something about about black people wanting equal rights, apparently they have been a bit hard done to in the past.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 105
headingly_mariner
June 14, 2020, 10:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rick12
Tweet 1271896175210385409 will appear here...

Quite moving.Hence this ex military personal man was trying to protect the statue of Churchill in London  as he claimed  not all who were there were far right  .Hence he was standing up for what Churchill achieved and trying to protect the statue from some people who wanted to deface it .Granted Churchill wasnt perfect but done a lot of good in helping beat the Nazis .Hence some have been in the army as the guy above and you can understand his deep convictions for being there .Only one can understand that if you've been a army veteran. Hence 2 sides to every story.

He’s literally saying someone should be shot as a traitor for having a different view to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 105
Boris Johnson
June 14, 2020, 10:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from DocDock

Not sure if you’re trolling or not but it’s quite simple. The point would be that we, as a club woud be more welcoming or appear to be more welcoming to those from BAME groups. Also, if I’m putting my PR and marketing cap on it’d also be very good publicity for the club too. St Pauli in Germany are a good example of this.

not trolling at all, dont see the point, Using football to solve society's problems? If thats the case, can we have an anti -anti semitic section, an anti IRA section, and and an anti left wing section. leave football out of this.

More welcoming? do your have evidence we have not been? Cant see any myself, nothing stopping BAME people coming in to watch Town, and there never has been. Left wing snowfalke excrement as per usual.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 105
Boris Johnson
June 14, 2020, 11:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

To be a fanbase that welcomes everyone. To make clear to those that still bring the racism out, that we fans aren’t having it.

Isn that what the KICK IT OUT campaign/organisation is for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 105
headingly_mariner
June 14, 2020, 11:05am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Boris Johnson

not trolling at all, dont see the point, Using football to solve society's problems? If thats the case, can we have an anti -anti semitic section, an anti IRA section, and and an anti left wing section. leave football out of this.

More welcoming? do your have evidence we have not been? Cant see any myself, nothing stopping BAME people coming in to watch Town, and there never has been. Left wing snowfalke excrement as per usual.

Because football is part of society. Of course as anti semitism is racism and why would support for any extremist group be tolerated. Plus I’ve never seen any anti semitism or pro ira views aired at a town game, unless I’ve missed it.
I have seen plenty of other incidents of racism, more than I’ve seen in any other part of society.

Why is that anti racism is always tagged as left wing? Shouldn’t be about your politics to be tolerant and accepting of others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 105
headingly_mariner
June 14, 2020, 11:06am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Boris Johnson

Isn that what the KICK IT OUT campaign/organisation is for?

As I said originally, something that comes from within our actual fanbase.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 105
Boris Johnson
June 14, 2020, 11:18am
Table Wine Drinker

Because football is part of society. Of course as anti semitism is racism and why would support for any extremist group be tolerated. Plus I’ve never seen any anti semitism or pro ira views aired at a town game, unless I’ve missed it.
I have seen plenty of other incidents of racism, more than I’ve seen in any other part of society.

Why is that anti racism is always tagged as left wing? Shouldn’t be about your politics to be tolerant and accepting of others.

I dont accept that its Football's problem to solve it, to me its a sacred 90 minutes to get away from all the excrement that society brings. And as Ive mentioned, I dont see any 'you cant come in because your not welcome' signs up at Blundell Park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 105
Rick12
June 14, 2020, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

He’s literally saying someone should be shot as a traitor for having a different view to him.
He's saying that Sadiq Khan doesnt fully appreciate what the Churchill statue represents as he hasnt been in the army.Hence unless youve seen comrades shot and seen people die on the frontlines you dont know what its really like.Just because Sadiq Khan is mayor doesn't make him immune to criticism . Similar to the journalists who  write their story's.

Noone is perfect in this life.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 105
Manchester Mariner
June 14, 2020, 12:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Rick12
He's saying that Sadiq Khan doesnt fully appreciate what the Churchill statue represents as he hasnt been in the army.Hence unless youve seen comrades shot and seen people die on the frontlines you dont know what its really like.Just because Sadiq Khan is mayor doesn't make him immune to criticism . Similar to the journalists who  write their story's.

Noone is perfect in this life.

I just watched the video and he said "Sadiq Khan should be shot and arrested as a terrorist."

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 105
Rick12
June 14, 2020, 12:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I just watched the video and he said "Sadiq Khan should be shot and arrested as a terrorist."
Yes a bit over the top but I can understand the frustrations given hes served his country in the military .

He isnt the only though who is angry though at Churchills statue being defaced though.

"More than 113,000 have signed the petition which was initiated by Len Chappell from the Forces Online veterans' website.

Launching the petition on Change.org, Mr Chappell said: "Following our latest round of open terrorism on the streets of the United Kingdom and the damaging and desecration of our war memorials, we would like to see automatic, full sentencing carried out to people that are filmed, bragging about or inciting others to get involved in the damage in any form.

"In 2019 this was debated now lets see some proper protection put in place for our military heritage, remembering the people that made the ultimate sacrifice to the United Kingdom and to understand that their lives mattered."

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › March tomorrow in Cleethorpes.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.