Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › March tomorrow in Cleethorpes.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

March tomorrow in Cleethorpes.

This thread currently has 11,617 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
June 13, 2020, 1:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
No gave a toss about the Town's founder.  His statue was defaced regularly.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 105
LH
June 13, 2020, 7:59am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I really don’t understand the need for ‘protection’ of war memorials during protests outside of Whitehall but if it’s keeping people occupied then crack on.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 105
moosey_club
June 13, 2020, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Mayaman
No gave a toss about the Town's founder.  His statue was defaced regularly.  

I think he was de- something else, not his face  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 105
Roast Em Bobby
June 13, 2020, 8:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from LH
I really don’t understand the need for ‘protection’ of war memorials during protests outside of Whitehall but if it’s keeping people occupied then crack on.

That's because there isn't a need, it's just an excuse for brain dead racist tommy robinson supporters to show off their white british supremacy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 105
moosey_club
June 13, 2020, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from LH

I expect people concerned about monuments to our armed forces ( emotive subject all round ) are worried there maybe some ill informed protesters who think that anybody who went to war at any point must be a racist as they went to kill other people for no other reason than they were for instance "German or Japanese" and therefore believe they deserve to have racist spray painted over their monuments.  

I give the protesters a bit more credit than that but i suppose you never know, people are passionate, frustrated and bored plus with no genuine local  "racist figure statue" to target someone might attempt something stupid.....completely missing the point that all those that served and gave their lives in the armed forces, especially the world wars, fought for our freedom and liberty.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 105
pizzzza
June 13, 2020, 9:41am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

That's because there isn't a need, it's just an excuse for brain dead racist tommy robinson supporters to show off their white british supremacy

Actually they call themselves "patriots".
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 105
Azimuth
June 13, 2020, 10:12am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58

So by saying there isnf s need you are condoning the actions of those who have already and are plotting further damage to memorials.
Is it is acceptable for Brain Dead fools to deface war memorials?
My Grandad is dead in a cemetary in Holland so these people have the right to democracy and protest, to deface any memorial should be am immidiate jaolable offence regardless of if you are Black White or Any other colour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 105
Roast Em Bobby
June 13, 2020, 11:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
That's the job of the police isn't it? Not the "Football Lads Alliance".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 105
pizzzza
June 13, 2020, 11:19am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
That's the job of the police isn't it? Not the "Football Lads Alliance".

Indeed it is, I imagine the Stone Island brigade are just using this as an excuse for a scrap.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 105
Roast Em Bobby
June 13, 2020, 11:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

I expect people concerned about monuments to our armed forces ( emotive subject all round ) are worried there maybe some ill informed protesters who think that anybody who went to war at any point must be a racist as they went to kill other people for no other reason than they were for instance "German or Japanese" and therefore believe they deserve to have racist spray painted over their monuments.  

I give the protesters a bit more credit than that but i suppose you never know, people are passionate, frustrated and bored plus with no genuine local  "racist figure statue" to target someone might attempt something stupid.....completely missing the point that all those that served and gave their lives in the armed forces, especially the world wars, fought for our freedom and liberty.

The reality is that there have been BLM protests in towns all over the country, mostly without any trouble or defacing/toppling of statues. The fact that "statues" have suddenly become a big issue is just a convenient distraction for those who would prefer to talk about that than confront the reality of racism and show any empathy towards black people.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › March tomorrow in Cleethorpes.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.