Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Anti-racism protests

This thread currently has 21,976 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
June 8, 2020, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Maybe if you were a black person who has endured racism throughout your life then you would feel differently.

Interesting take on things :

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 290
LH
June 8, 2020, 2:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172

Maybe if you were a black person who has endured racism throughout your life then you would feel differently.

If I was black I’d probably consider the fact that I’m more likely to die if I contract Covid than other races and definitely not go out in a crowd during the pandemic!

I’d also like to say how sad it is that I’ve seen many people associated with our club wanting to go out on Saturday in Cleethorpes to ‘protect the war memorials’/counter protest our own BLM protest.  (Before the little angry bald men jump on this comment - the war memorials should be left well alone but the ‘football lads’ are going to these protests under the guise of defending them)
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 290
Roast Em Bobby
June 8, 2020, 3:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from LH

If I was black I’d probably consider the fact that I’m more likely to die if I contract Covid than other races and definitely not go out in a crowd during the pandemic!

I’d also like to say how sad it is that I’ve seen many people associated with our club wanting to go out on Saturday in Cleethorpes to ‘protect the war memorials’/counter protest our own BLM protest.  (Before the little angry bald men jump on this comment - the war memorials should be left well alone but the ‘football lads’ are going to these protests under the guise of defending them)

I would as well. But I’ve got more sympathy with people taking that risk to protest against racism than I have people packing out beaches just for a day out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 290
Roast Em Bobby
June 8, 2020, 3:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Interesting take on things :

All I can say is that is not the view of most of the black footballers or Black musicians on my social media feeds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 290
Rick12
June 8, 2020, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

All I can say is that is not the view of most of the black footballers or Black musicians on my social media feeds.
Maybe but I found it very moving and it made a lot of sense.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 290
arryarryarry
June 8, 2020, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
In the main it's just the usual extreme left wing rent-a-mob.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 290
paulgtfc
June 9, 2020, 7:22am
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Please may I ask a serious question to those in support of the local march:

The point has been made on FB that the horrific killing of Lee Rigby did not draw the type of protest that we are seeing now.  On the basis that we have seen two senseless and horrific killings, why are we drawing such a distinction between them?  

For the record I am shocked and angry at the US murder but couldn't think of an answer to the above question.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 290
gtfc98
June 9, 2020, 9:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from paulgtfc
Please may I ask a serious question to those in support of the local march:

The point has been made on FB that the horrific killing of Lee Rigby did not draw the type of protest that we are seeing now.  On the basis that we have seen two senseless and horrific killings, why are we drawing such a distinction between them?  

For the record I am shocked and angry at the US murder but couldn't think of an answer to the above question.

Lee Rigby was killed by terrorists, who were immediately arrested and imprisoned for life. He wasn’t killed by institutionalised racism in a government agency. There was nothing to “protest”, who were people supposed to be protesting against? There was also, rightly so, weeks of mourning and media coverage and national shock and upset. Lee Rigby’s family have requested that his name isn’t used to undermine the black lives matter movement.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 290
GYinScuntland
June 9, 2020, 11:58am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97

The internet equivalent of News of the World
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 290
Roast Em Bobby
June 9, 2020, 1:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
It’s funny how those looking to disminish, downplay or make comparisons to other irrelevant situations seem to be the same flag bearers for brexit with their Union Jack waving nationalism. Why can’t you simply admit that black people have got a legitimate case to protest and say enough is enough? I’ll tell you why it’s because the way you think is exactly what black people are protesting against - widespread racism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 290
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.