Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Betting odds!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 280 Guests

Betting odds!

This thread currently has 2,313 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
June 4, 2020, 11:42am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
There are some very good odds being offered for the 'behind closed doors' Premier and FA Cup games being offered.

Very strange times, form goes out the window, anyone could beat anyone.

For example you can get 20/1 for Newcastle at home to beat Man City and 16/5 for Norwich to beat Man Utd.

There are going to be some strange results until teams adjust to the new curcumstances. These odd are based on form before the lock down. It is very different now.

I have a nice 704/1 treble running. (Only 7 bets if you do the singles and doubles)

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chazzer
June 5, 2020, 4:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +90
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
There are some very good odds being offered for the 'behind closed doors' Premier and FA Cup games being offered.

Very strange times, form goes out the window, anyone could beat anyone.

For example you can get 20/1 for Newcastle at home to beat Man City and 16/5 for Norwich to beat Man Utd.

There are going to be some strange results until teams adjust to the new curcumstances. These odd are based on form before the lock down. It is very different now.

I have a nice 704/1 treble running. (Only 7 bets if you do the singles and doubles)

If that 704/1 includes Newcastle beating ManC, you have no chance!

Smile and give your face a holiday - Jerry Cronin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 5, 2020, 6:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,196
Gold Stars: 291
Not having a go at you here but you talk about footballers having to adjust.I wonder what they have to adjust to?! There's no crowd but every pro player will have played in games with no crowds when they were kids or coming through the ranks. Some who've come from lower divisions will have played in front of tiny crowds professionally.
If I was a Prem manager and my team came off the pitch having lost and said 'we didn't adjust' to the new conditions I would go nuts - "you're on £30k a week, f*cking adjust, be professional"

Germany has had a lot more away wins and they think home advantage has been lost because of no crowd and players are not playing up as much after fouls etc because they have nobody to play up to.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
forza ivano
June 6, 2020, 9:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,133
Gold Stars: 265

Germany has had a lot more away wins and they think home advantage has been lost because of no crowd and players are not playing up as much after fouls etc because they have nobody to play up to.

Interesting point.Freesports have been showing the Portuguese league and in all 3 games it was v.noticeable that whilst they were still going down upon the slightest touch there was none of the usual histrionics and rolling around, nor the haranguing of the ref (Pepe,obviously, was the exception!)
Also none of the big 3 won, just wonder if the refs might be under less pressure???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 6, 2020, 10:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,196
Gold Stars: 291
I don't watch the German football religiously so it's not a scientific view but I'd agree with you, there's much less rolling around. There may be less in Germany anyway compared to Portugal, I don't know.

Another interesting one last night, a member of Borussia Monchengladbach's staff (on the bench) was sent off for saying something to the ref and the tv commentators immediately noted that he would have got away with that normally because the ref wouldn't have been able to hear him.

Unpredictable games? Less rolling around by players? Better discipline? Bring it on!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
marinernige
June 10, 2020, 7:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
If anyone had a bet on Town 2019/2020 season Bet365 have just refunded my bet as a non runner(had totally written that bet off. not sure if other bookies are doing the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Abdul19
June 10, 2020, 9:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

I think the odds will also be based on Man City having much better players than Newcastle (like odds on the first day of the season).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Rodley Mariner
June 10, 2020, 10:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Abdul19

I think the odds will also be based on Man City having much better players than Newcastle (like odds on the first day of the season).

It will be an extremely complicated algorithm but I think you're right and that Man City being much more likely to win that game is probably a factor in the odds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
The Yard Dog
June 12, 2020, 8:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from marinernige
If anyone had a bet on Town 2019/2020 season Bet365 have just refunded my bet as a non runner(had totally written that bet off. not sure if other bookies are doing the same.

Not Sky Bet, my bet on town, settled as a lost bet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Betting odds!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.