Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This furlough thing
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 414 Guests

This furlough thing

This thread currently has 2,561 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
June 2, 2020, 9:02pm
Guest User
Supposed to be a scheme to preserve jobs, not a scheme to keep going until nothing’s left in the pot for severance pay.  Too many businesses using it as a means of meeting their obligations to their employees.
June 2, 2020, 9:04pm
Guest User
*avoiding*
Reply: 1 - 11
HertsGTFC
June 2, 2020, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from 139914
Supposed to be a scheme to preserve jobs, not a scheme to keep going until nothing’s left in the pot for severance pay.  Too many businesses using it as a means of meeting their obligations to their employees.

WTF are you talking about?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
dapperz fun pub
June 3, 2020, 8:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Non football but I agree many firms taking the urine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
pen penfras
June 3, 2020, 9:52am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -141
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 139914

Almost every industry has seen a decline and as a result reduction in employees required. This scheme is to stop mass redundancies and let companies hold their breath until the worst part of this is over and they can get back to business. It's still going to end up with huge redundancies, but waiting to see how green things might be on the other side is exactly in the spirit of what the scheme is for. Without it, things would be much worse for everybody even if the main beneficiary of it are businesses. Quite how it all gets paid for is another matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
pizzzza
June 3, 2020, 12:03pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from pen penfras

Quite how it all gets paid for is another matter.

Some tax hikes (for individuals rather than corporations of course) and another decade of austerity perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
forza ivano
June 3, 2020, 12:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pizzzza

Some tax hikes (for individuals rather than corporations of course) and another decade of austerity perhaps?

Theyve already said that they wont do that.sunak has already told co.directors and the self employed that they will increasingly be treated the same as paye personnel, so their tax Bill's will be going up ( continuing the trend of the last 5-10years). The 40% pension contribution is an obvious target, as is the pensions triple lock. There has been some suggestions that unearned wealth and inheritance tax could be targeted, plus I am sure the online retailers will be forced to play on a more level playing field with the high street firms.
As I mentioned in the coronavirus thread economists were also discussing some fairly complicated procedures within the investment/ financial world which were anomalies and could raise billions if they were 'brought into the fold'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
mimma
June 3, 2020, 1:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from forza ivano

Theyve already said that they wont do that.sunak has already told co.directors and the self employed that they will increasingly be treated the same as paye personnel, so their tax Bill's will be going up ( continuing the trend of the last 5-10years). The 40% pension contribution is an obvious target, as is the pensions triple lock. There has been some suggestions that unearned wealth and inheritance tax could be targeted, plus I am sure the online retailers will be forced to play on a more level playing field with the high street firms.
As I mentioned in the coronavirus thread economists were also discussing some fairly complicated procedures within the investment/ financial world which were anomalies and could raise billions if they were 'brought into the fold'

Is that the so called "Robin hood " tax?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
forza ivano
June 3, 2020, 3:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from mimma
[/b]

Is that the so called "Robin hood " tax?

No it was far more complicated than that.It was 6.30 am and it rather went over my head. They seemed quite  confident and enthusiastic about it though! I think there was something about entrepreneurs and their tax relief arrangements
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
mimma
June 3, 2020, 3:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
06:30 am?  That's still the middle of the night for me!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
realist
June 3, 2020, 5:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,687
Gold Stars: 41
I think it was wrong to call it the job retention scheme. A more honest title could have been short term redundancy avoidance scheme. A lot of those furloughed will soon be learning they have no job to go back to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
moosey_club
June 3, 2020, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from forza ivano

I would happily bet that won't actually happen. Always talked about but rarely anything like delivered.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This furlough thing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.