WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 29, 2020, 9:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimRob

The ironic thing is the clubs themselves receive peanuts.

I know. All the FA are interested in is making millions from it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
GrimRob
May 29, 2020, 9:22pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Will they all be spaced 2m apart and wearing masks when they lift the trophy?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 18
dicko995
May 29, 2020, 9:29pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
Hope they make the most of it, because the way things are going,there wont be an FA Cup next season as a lot of clubs will have folded, tragic times ahead. The FA cup suddenly doesnt seem important, perhaps the FA officials should rattle their heads and think more importantly on helping suffering clubs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Abdul19
May 29, 2020, 9:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213

Maybe they're planning on re-distributing the profits to lower levels of the game?

🤣

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 29, 2020, 11:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Quoted from Abdul19

Maybe they're planning on re-distributing the profits to lower levels of the game?

🤣

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 30, 2020, 6:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177

Let’s hope, if this does happen, then any mo eh made is then distributed around the lower tiers of the leagues.
The same goes for revenue made from money made for finishing off the premier league.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
aldi_01
May 30, 2020, 7:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The FA cup is the show piece event, it’s been declining for years and silly ideas like having Super Bowl esque performances before hand haven’t done anything to raise the profile.

I believe clubs do value it but I can be seen as a hindrance, so much is placed on maintaining a place in the money league that actually winning something for 16 teams out of 20 isn’t important. Finishing 4th bottom is no regarded as success.

Incidentally, I’ve always found the debate on whether premier league clubs/cash should filter down the leagues to be an interesting one. Of course I agree that it’s top heavy and what not but is that the fault of the clubs of the league? Those levels of finance are necessary for the league and it’s clubs to operate. Whatever people say, as a brand it is truly global...why jeopardise that to help out a couple of clubs a handful of people support and who have likely been poorly run. Let’s not forget teams over spend, are bankrolled in order to reach the EFL too, or progress through those leagues.

The money is disproportionately spread but that blame can’t lie solely at the feet of the premier league. For instance, GTFC isn’t poor because of the top flight clubs. We may lose fans to the pub to watch City, Liverpool, Utd but that’s not those clubs’ fault GTFC aren’t very good.

If money trickled down is argue it needs ring fencing or stipulations would need to be in place, can only be spent on training facilities, or youth systems, coaching etc. else it just gets spent on players which actually wouldn’t improve the teams or clubs, just means more average players on higher wages, much like we see in the top two divisions.

I agree that more can be done but it will not change. The FA have little control (lots of cash mind) and naturally the clubs look after themselves. Football is selfish in that sense. It’s always made me laugh that I’ve had this conversation with people before who are adamant it should happen, they get angry at the disproportionate distribution of funds...yet away from football they have a completely different stand point...odd isn’t it...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
Abdul19
May 30, 2020, 8:02am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from GrimRob
Will they all be spaced 2m apart and wearing masks when they lift the trophy?

https://twitter.com/MundialMag/status/1266608174485975041?s=09

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Mallyner
May 30, 2020, 8:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Like quite a few on here, I am old enough to remember when the FA Cup final was one of the very few games on television. How I looked forward to it, sweets and pop from the local shop, sprawled out on the settee and I watched every minute of the lead up and enjoyed it so much.

I am sure there are many who will watch them, but there are so many games you can watch on TV nowadays; and only being a follower of my beloved Mariners and grass roots football, only the Cup final and International matches played in a competition have any interest for me.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Cup

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.