Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe Chairman.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 215 Guests

Scunthorpe Chairman.

This thread currently has 1,543 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
May 27, 2020, 12:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/scunthorpe-united-peter-swann-efl-4167750

Scunthorpe chairman is hoping the season can start in September with some fans present. He say's...
Quoted Text
At least if we can get 2,000 in, or even 2,500 in, it’s a big help – and that is a possibility. It is something we have really got to look at.

Some hope, That would be more fans than last season.  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
HackneyHaddock
May 27, 2020, 1:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I think Philip Day intimated the League were looking at October as a potential start date.  It makes sense to draw a line under this season so clubs know where they are with contracts and can start to work towards different scenarios.

The Government and DCMS will be keeping an eye on different countries on the continent to see how their reopening goes, but so far it looks encouraging, with no spikes yet reported.  Even here, I think there was only one death in the whole of London yesterday, so we have to hope that in another couple of months, the risk will be vastly reduced.

You can't guarantee 100% safety and it's a question of managing risks, so they may be able to resume with crowds as long as people are aware of the balance of risks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
jamesgtfc
May 27, 2020, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Let's say the barriers are much more relaxed from 1st July. Pre-season may need to be longer than usual due to the longer break from the game. I'm no fitness expert but surely there will be a deterioration in physical fitness?

For me, September is optimistic and October is realistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
monkeyboy
May 27, 2020, 5:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Would imagine the pitch should be fantastic ready for the new season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Abdul19
May 27, 2020, 7:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Let's say the barriers are much more relaxed from 1st July. Pre-season may need to be longer than usual due to the longer break from the game. I'm no fitness expert but surely there will be a deterioration in physical fitness?

For me, September is optimistic and October is realistic.

On the other hand, players haven't been to Magaluf or wherever it is footballers go on holiday these days.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe Chairman.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.