Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whitehouse Ban !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 329 Guests

Whitehouse Ban !

This thread currently has 10,044 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
sam gy
May 27, 2020, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from arryarryarry
Should fans who sing "where's your caravan" to long haired players they don't like be banned from attending matches?

What a strange comparison.

‘P**ey’ is a derogative term used to stereotype against Irish people. The player Whitehouse said the word to was Irish.

Not that hard to understand why Whitehouse was punished.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 68
Dogger Bank
May 27, 2020, 8:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Harsh. FFS if people are going to get upset by being called a P*key then nobody would leave their house. I wish Whitehouse well and hope he gets a club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 68
arryarryarry
May 27, 2020, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido
A lot of the posts on this thread thus far seem to reflect a selective view of racism. If he had used the N word to a black person or the P word to an Asian then that insult is based on race and ethnicity. The travelling community regard themselves as a race and a different ethnicity therefore they should be treated in the same way as other members of the BAME society.  Sadly the behaviour of a percentage of the travelling community seems to allow Joe Public to think it is ok to racially abuse them.

The problem with the "percentage" of the travelling community is it is quite large.

Grimsby has had more than it's fair share of dirty ***** leaving their filth all over the place leaving rate payers to pick up the bill and I have had personal experience of having to bribe some of the money grabbing ***** off private land.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 68
louth_in_the_south
May 27, 2020, 9:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Sounds to me like Whitehouse has been stitched up by the cry baby McCormack in an attempt to get him sent off . As soon as McCormack has reported it to the ref he has a duty to report it and so the process starts . Unfortunately for Whitehouse he’s fooked basically as the fa have to throw the book at him because if they don’t they’re going to get the comeback. I don’t know McCormacks heritage , he might be a traveller or he might be a hooray McHenry but either way Whitehouse is going down .
Wonder if McCormack is feeling justice tonight or doesn’t give a sh.ite either way ? Got a feeling I know the answer .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 68
moosey_club
May 27, 2020, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Sounds to me like Whitehouse has been stitched up by the cry baby McCormack in an attempt to get him sent off . As soon as McCormack has reported it to the ref he has a duty to report it and so the process starts . Unfortunately for Whitehouse he’s fooked basically as the fa have to throw the book at him because if they don’t they’re going to get the comeback. I don’t know McCormacks heritage , he might be a traveller or he might be a hooray McHenry but either way Whitehouse is going down .
Wonder if McCormack is feeling justice tonight or doesn’t give a sh.ite either way ? Got a feeling I know the answer .

I am sure McCormack will get a warm reception if he returns to BP anytime soon.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 68
sam gy
May 27, 2020, 9:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Dogger Bank
Harsh. FFS if people are going to get upset by being called a P*key then nobody would leave their house. I wish Whitehouse well and hope he gets a club.

It’s not just ‘people’ it’s an Irish person.

If you open up your window and call someone else from Grimsby a p**ey, chances are they’re not going to report you for racist abuse. Unless they’re Irish and they know you know they are (ie what Whitehouse did).

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 68
louth_in_the_south
May 27, 2020, 9:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from moosey_club

I am sure McCormack will get a warm reception if he returns to BP anytime soon.

Just what I was thinking today . Unless he’s out of contract and he’s got a new job laying dodgy tarmac

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 68
golfer
May 28, 2020, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
£2K fine and 6 match ban-FFS let the punishment fit the crime- he wouldn't have got this if he'd kicked him in the head. Ask McCormack if he would rather get kicked in the head or be called a p-kee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 68
BottesfordMariner
May 28, 2020, 1:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Well this is the world we live in today.

I am unclear whether Whitehouse comments were based on the nationality of the player, or implying he was a traveller or implying that being Irish and a traveller is one in the same. It shows the ignorance of Whitehouse I think.

20/30 years ago I am quite sure much stronger and more colourful language was exchanged on a football pitch. Not saying it was right then but players got on with it. Doesnt make it acceptable i know. But in this day and age there is zero tolerance to this behaviour and players should know better.

I am of Irish descent and proud of it. I have been called worse names in my view. But I am of a generation that would have simply told Whitehouse to F** Off, maybe called him something back or left something on him the next time i went in on a challenge with him. But who are we to tell someone how they should be offended/insulted by language aimed at them. The Northampton player took exception so thats that.

But as I say different times. P***Y is deemed to be a racial slur these days. It is as unacceptable as say the N word. And if you uttered that word you would be thrown out of the sport and be vilified by society (and rightly so)

Cant help but feel a bit sorry for Whitehouse though. I personally dont think his intention was to cause distress to his opponent but perhaps to get under his skin and put him off his game. Poor judgement though.

The fallout for Whitehouse could be quite dramatic. Did it cost him a new contract at Town? He played regularly under Holloway and his performances were much improved. He would probably have expected to have been offered a new contract. But I somehow dont see Holloway putting up with that behaviour and would a shown Whitehouse the door irrespective of a 6 match ban or not.

The ban may deter potential suitors and the level of team he ends up at and his new contract. Could be a costly lesson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 68
Kris2
May 28, 2020, 3:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GrimRob

Do you mean that because of the perceptions of what is "racist" have broadened so much you unintentionally make racist remarks or jokes? Or do you mean that in the safety of colleagues you are free to express intentionally racist sentiments?

You mean like some of your EDL supporting friends on here that you regularly ignore them going off on their racist tirades? I guess in the safety of the site owner it's fine unless somebody from GTFC takes issue with it and humbles you again.

But no, racism has been normalised in the workplace for generations, it's not okay in any form but most people do it without really thinking about it. How it making racist jokes around your friends that might be heard by the customers you are making fun of any better than a sports competitor lashing out in anger? There are a lot of long time users and people with power on this forum who have some terrifying views about race and politics but are left alone while we cry about Whitehouse saying a word that's been in common use for generations.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whitehouse Ban !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.