7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
May 27, 2020, 10:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Sh.ite . Instead of spending £100 on the crowdfunder and £150 in the club shop yesterday I should’ve bought shares as I would’ve made a fooking fat profit when Shutes buys the club lol 😂

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 64
pontoon442
May 27, 2020, 10:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
The board has permission of the shareholders to sell shares up to the limit agreed. The shareholders allow this because even thought it reduces the % holding they have, the funds gained from selling shares are then available to strengthen the business. The shares have an agreed selling price and a nominal value, but GTFC is not listed on any stock exchange so they do not go up and down in value, any sale value is what you can sell them for privately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
Iknowyoursecret
May 27, 2020, 10:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
I’m a small shareholder and I have not voted on this,I’ve asked quite a few tonight and none of them have not as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 64
diehardmariner
May 28, 2020, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
In no way am I trying to slur the work done by the Trust either previously or at present.  But just from looking at the comments here and on Twitter, there's quite clearly still a bit of nervousness when it comes to the issues of shares and the Trust following what happened with the shares gifted by Mike Parker.  Shame really as at no point has the Trust tried to act in anything but the best interest of the club, but it definitely highlights the battle it faces at present.

Regards the point on Holloway, it still puzzles me a little as to why he purchased the shares in the first place.  Initially I read between the lines that it was his way of showing Fenty that he was serious about the club and a way of alleviating any fears that he was just here to rebuild his profile or just something to satisfy a short-term interest.  But I can't imagine for a second that Holloway really had to charm Fenty, or anyone else on the board, that much to begin with - definitely not to the point of having to put his hand his pocket to the tune of £100,000.

Holloway's comments in recent weeks that have glowed about Fenty and the board, added to his PR piece about not really wanting Schutes on board too have only added to that thought that Holloway is here for something far more than just managing.  He might like to push out this image that he's all heart-on-sleeve but Holloway is no mug, far from it.  I'm certainly not saying he's here with bad intentions, but I still think there's more to this than meets the eye and part of a much bigger picture regards the whole club.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 64
grimsby pete
May 28, 2020, 10:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Ollie is here for life he is selling his home and moving up lock stock and barrel .

He has rented a house for now and once he has sold his house he will buy one up here.

At the right time he will step down as manager and be chairman and most likely major shareholder.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
aldi_01
May 28, 2020, 10:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We weren’t first choice and the romantic story of him being here for the long term is just that.

As I’ve said time and time again, it was win win for Holloway and the board. Fans were desperate for someone with a personality, let’s face it, even Buckley didn’t have much of one. Holloway is well known and has had a modicum of success. The club were seeing an increasingly disgruntled fan base, many of those happy clapper Fenty in types were beginning to question the role of the board...

Holloway turns up with £100k, requires little more investment from the club, they get a manager who can whip up some interest even if the football isn’t brilliant, the board look like geniuses. Simples really.

Time will tell but Holloway’s recent comments are worrying, added to that the fact he said the Oystons were good people, Millwall views of him and his atrocious second spell at QPR it’d be shrewd of us to be cautious. This constant negative approach, the image the club are trying to portray should actually set alarm bells, not regarding Shutes but the club...sadly there are still masses of fans that think the current leadership is ok and hasn’t been as bad as it actually has.

Regarding the trust, everyone had their own views. At times they’ve appeared as much as puppets as everyone else at GTFCs gentleman’s club, at other times they’ve stood up and made their stand.

The share price thing is always gonna rumble on and who can or can’t buy them. On a wider level, I will never believe the reason the club/Fenty didn’t sell was because Shutes didn’t prove funds. It translates as he wouldn’t play their games, he kept his cards to his chest and that didn’t fit with the clubs approach...now we get this constant, quite frankly boring narrative that Shutes isn’t great blah blah but it has little substance, and rightly so, contrary to the beliefs of some, Shutes just keeps quiet and has some level of dignity and decorum unlike the club who jump at a chance to diminish him and dismiss him.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 64
Heswall Mariner
May 28, 2020, 12:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
"Shares to be sold in blocks of £100"
Can someone please tell me how many shares is that?
Thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
promotion plaice
May 28, 2020, 12:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

£3,000 worth of shares snapped up by fans already.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
Abdul19
May 28, 2020, 2:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from aldi_01
added to that the fact he said the Oystons were good people

Didn't know he'd said that, blimey!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
GrimExile
May 28, 2020, 2:58pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
"Shares to be sold in blocks of £100"
Can someone please tell me how many shares is that?
Thanks.

Each share is £100, so that equals one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust share purchasing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.