2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
May 26, 2020, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
It is a little disconcerting that Ollie seems to have put all his eggs into the Fenty basket.

He seems to have a great deal of time for him, despite the obvious truth that we have gone nowhere under his leadership.

I wonder if Ollie himself sees an opportunity to take over the club in time and would rather work with Fenty till the opportunity arises? I imagine if anyone could woo potential investors it would be Ollie, especially if we could have a bit of success on the field.

Roll on some football.

We did go somewhere under his leadership 😞
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
aldi_01
May 27, 2020, 9:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t think it’s so much putting all his eggs in the Fenty basket, rather his eggs in the club that would give him a chance basket.

As I see it, it was win win for him and the club. Word got round that Fenty had met with him, the fans would naturally be interested and the Fenty In brigade was shrinking.

Holloway offered cash which essentially means the club didn’t have to increase the managers wages, Holloway got a job and the board looked good.

It remains to be seen whether Holloway will be a success and we’re still stuck with the gentleman’s club that is the GTFC board.

If football had been going on for the last 2/3 months I suspect these stories wouldn’t getting much prominence.

Holloway’s comments about the club are clearly to attract players and prove we’re not in a position like Macclesfield or bury, Bolton etc. but if he does believe the things that he says, and his comments about a potential new owner, that does worry me. With all due respect to Holloway, he’s been here 5 minutes, we’ve all seen the previous 16 years and barring 1 may be 2 seasons it’s been pretty excrement along with countless poor decisions etc from the club so he should forgive the fans for being a little negative towards the regime...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
forza ivano
May 27, 2020, 9:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from arryarryarry

We did go somewhere under his leadership 😞

Aaaah, those halcyon days of visits to Borehamwood, Chasetown, Welling, Ebbsfleet,Braintree and Hayes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Chazzer
May 27, 2020, 11:29am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +90
Quoted from Ipswin

Shutes may not want Holloway if he was to take over the club

He probably won't now after Ollie's comments!

Smile and give your face a holiday - Jerry Cronin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Ipswin
May 27, 2020, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Frankly I wonder how much Holloways heart is still in GTFC.
The honeymoon is over (thanks to lockdown) few opportunities now for him to make off the wall comments / guest appearances etc, the 'Ollie' sensation is over.
He's sitting in either a rented place in darkest Lincs or back in a very comfy place near Bristol or wherever, there's no football to keep him busy or give him the opportunity to self publicise,
Mrs Ollie is probably drunk off with lockdown and Grimsby not necessarily in that order.
The comment about Shutes sounds to me like he was desperate to say something to the press whilst making it clear he isn't as nailed on as our long term saviour and future owner as most would like.
I just hope when football does resume that we take off like a rocket on the pitch to lift Ollies spirits as well as ours, I can see him getting very drunk off otherwise.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
oochiad
May 27, 2020, 2:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
Well I don’t think the Ollie sensation is over and I’m sure when this lockdown is over we’ll be on the up and with all the enthusiasm still in place. I’m still buzzing from the Scunthorpe win, I’m sure with Ian they’ll be plenty more. Let’s not start doom and gloom again please. UTMM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
moosey_club
May 27, 2020, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Ipswin
Frankly I wonder how much Holloways heart is still in GTFC.
The honeymoon is over (thanks to lockdown) few opportunities now for him to make off the wall comments / guest appearances etc, the 'Ollie' sensation is over.
He's sitting in either a rented place in darkest Lincs or back in a very comfy place near Bristol or wherever, there's no football to keep him busy or give him the opportunity to self publicise,
Mrs Ollie is probably drunk off with lockdown and Grimsby not necessarily in that order.
The comment about Shutes sounds to me like he was desperate to say something to the press whilst making it clear he isn't as nailed on as our long term saviour and future owner as most would like.
I just hope when football does resume that we take off like a rocket on the pitch to lift Ollies spirits as well as ours, I can see him getting very drunk off otherwise.

Its just how football is, owners change, managers change, players change.....its largely just the fans that remain any sort of constant.  Listening to the Podge podcast the other week really highlighted how fickle it all can be.....a player for instance signs for a club with the best intentions on both sides....a manager changes shortly after you join...the owners go broke.....you get injured....the whole scenario changes instantly.
Holloway looked at the club, the town ...what he saw as the Opportunity.....he fancied it, he was quoted in the Bristol press i think at the time as saying he bought shares as a sign of commitment and also because his belief was he could improve the clubs fortunes overall and therefore improve his shares value as a result.
If the situation changes....and despite rumours and press talk there seems little evidence that it actually will change anytime soon then Holloway will have to weigh up his options, just as players do when a new manager comes in.

Until it happens then we wont know.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
wigworld
May 28, 2020, 11:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Might as well ask him what he thinks of the impending takeover of Grimsby Town by the Sultan of Brunei.

He was just a tyre kicker, apparently.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie on takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.