2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
BarkerDan10
May 18, 2020, 10:54am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +202
Good morning all

I would just like to bring to your attention that I have released an eBook on the Amazon Kindle store all about the players who represented their country while with Grimsby Town.

‘Sailing In International Waters’ is a celebration of those players who played international football while playing their club football for Town. From Bestall and Betmead to Waters and Wilkinson, the book covers players who represented their country at either full, ‘B’ or U21/U23 international level.

The book is available to download now for just £1.99 and from this link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saili.....589795010&sr=8-1

Thank you in advance to anyone who chooses to purchase the book.

Up The Mariners.

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
May 19, 2020, 7:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
As a lover of books and a fan of Grimsby respect to you for making the effort to write this.Always admire those who translate passion into results.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
BarkerDan10
May 19, 2020, 10:45am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
As a lover of books and a fan of Grimsby respect to you for making the effort to write this.Always admire those who translate passion into results.

Thank you for your kind words, If only one person tells me they enjoy my work then that’s more than enough for me. I was a little bit nervous about uploading it but more than happy with the end product.

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
grimsby pete
May 19, 2020, 11:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from BarkerDan10

Thank you for your kind words, If only one person tells me they enjoy my work then that’s more than enough for me. I was a little bit nervous about uploading it but more than happy with the end product.

Will there be a paperback edition Dan as I have a collection of various books I would like to add to. I think Rob sold quite a few of To hell and back.

It would sit nicely next to that.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
BarkerDan10
May 19, 2020, 12:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Will there be a paperback edition Dan as I have a collection of various books I would like to add to. I think Rob sold quite a few of To hell and back.

It would sit nicely next to that.

I have a proof copy coming in a week or so just as a test to see how well the book transitions from ebook to physical copy.

A print run is something I am seriously considering, it would just depend on demand as I’ll be funding it myself. As a relatively low paid worker it might be a couple of months before anything does happen.

Thank you for your interest though, it has been noted.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
tanga_the_indestructible
May 19, 2020, 1:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from BarkerDan10

I have a proof copy coming in a week or so just as a test to see how well the book transitions from ebook to physical copy.

A print run is something I am seriously considering, it would just depend on demand as I’ll be funding it myself. As a relatively low paid worker it might be a couple of months before anything does happen.

Best way to go for a physical book of this nature is POD.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Rick12
May 19, 2020, 3:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from BarkerDan10

Its ok. Pleased for you.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
grimsby pete
May 19, 2020, 4:47pm

Exile
Quoted from BarkerDan10

I have downloaded the e version but would like a paperback as well so I hope you can manage it as I am sure you will sell to all ages.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
BarkerDan10
May 19, 2020, 5:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have downloaded the e version but would like a paperback as well so I hope you can manage it as I am sure you will sell to all ages.

Firstly, thank you for downloading the digital version, I hope you enjoy it.

I’m considering a small print run of around 20-30 books just to test the water somewhat. Once I have received the proof copy and made any necessary amendments I’ll put the wheels in motion.

(If I could be extra cheeky, could you please leave me a little review on Amazon please, it would help me out greatly.)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
TownSNAFU5
May 19, 2020, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I would buy a hard copy of your book, if it helps.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
grimsby pete
May 19, 2020, 10:33pm

Exile
Quoted from BarkerDan10

Firstly, thank you for downloading the digital version, I hope you enjoy it.

I’m considering a small print run of around 20-30 books just to test the water somewhat. Once I have received the proof copy and made any necessary amendments I’ll put the wheels in motion.

(If I could be extra cheeky, could you please leave me a little review on Amazon please, it would help me out greatly.)

Will do.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
BarkerDan10
May 19, 2020, 10:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I would buy a hard copy of your book, if it helps.  

Thank you, watch this space!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
BarkerDan10
May 22, 2020, 6:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Just a quick update from me, the proof copy of the book arrived today.

There is going to be an initially short print run next month so pre-orders are open to secure your copy.

For Grimsby/Cleethorpes residents the book will cost £2.50 and I will personally deliver your copy (contact free of course)

As I’ll have to post copies out to exiles, the cost is a little bit more at £3.50 but that price is inclusive of postage.

Thank you to everyone for your support of the project so far, PM me if you would like to reserve a copy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
BarkerDan10
May 22, 2020, 7:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from BarkerDan10
Just a quick update from me, the proof copy of the book arrived today.

There is going to be an initially short print run next month so pre-orders are open to secure your copy.

For Grimsby/Cleethorpes residents the book will cost £2.50 and I will personally deliver your copy (contact free of course)

As I’ll have to post copies out to exiles, the cost is a little bit more at £3.50 but that price is inclusive of postage.

Thank you to everyone for your support of the project so far, PM me if you would like to reserve a copy.

Just another one from me. The site to pre-order a copy of the book is now live. Please visit https://barkergraybooks.bigcartel.com and select the delivery option applicable to you. Once the printed copies arrive (mid-June) I’ll have them out to you ASAP.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
moosey_club
May 23, 2020, 10:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Just ordered.

From the cover photo you dont half look like Pat Glover.    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
barralad
May 24, 2020, 12:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Hiya mate do you have another payment method to paypal. Had trouble with PayPal and don't use them anymore. Happy for you to p. m me your bank details for a transfer?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Town book

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.