Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,384 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
May 9, 2020, 2:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
What I don't understand is why Shute didn't provide the information to the Board when requested to do so. Like has been mentioned, he can come up with a press release, provide fancy drawings and wax lyrical about his vision but he still hasn't shown any real substance to any of this. If he was truly genuine about  his desire to buy their club then all he had to do was provide what was required by the Board in the time frame that was set out.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 239
TownSNAFU5
May 9, 2020, 2:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
It is good to have grand ideas and a vision.  We certainly need hope.

Without any certainty over funding though, it remains just a vision.  

I will not search for my red Conoco hat just yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 239
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2020, 5:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

The board has no obligation to answer anything except for its own amusement and, for all we know, this Shutes plan may be for real or just him amusing himself on the computer during lockdown. The board may have nil credibility but it has the one thing Shutes doesn’t - it has the club. That puts the board in the driving seat whether we like it or not and whether he likes it or not. The ball is always in his court to come up with an offer it can’t refuse.

I don’t trust the board automatically, or even manually, over Shute, but why should anyone trust Shute either? He has only drawn some pretty pictures and raised some possibilities. There is nothing else is there? Have I missed some massive cash pot somewhere? Does he have some multi-billionaire partner with a bottomless wallet and sand in his shoes?

Agree with you on Shutes. And on the board.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 239
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2020, 5:37pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Talk about not answering questions. I’ve asked you a question twice now and you’ve completely ignored it.

I’ll ask you a third time. On what previous occasions has Shutes gone public with something as Day claimed and as you repeated?

Given your lack of an answer it looks like you were  just regurgitating guff fed to you by Day?

Given his refusal to answer a straight question three times about a claim he made about Shutes going to the media, I’d assume Mimma was talking balderdash

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 239
louth_in_the_south
May 9, 2020, 6:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Unless Shutes shows the ££££££ I wouldn’t let him anywhere near GTFC .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 239
arryarryarry
May 9, 2020, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Unless Shutes shows the ££££££ I wouldn’t let him anywhere near GTFC .

And how much is the current board putting into GTFC and the funding of a new ground?
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 239
moosey_club
May 9, 2020, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
This to me gives just more evidence that he is riding on the wider Town deal with all his plans and schemes, which is great, that money for the Town needs spending and needs to be used for what it was intended to, regenerate and invigorate the town. If he can deliver on that then thank you. ... but..

I still see no evidence that he has the private money to buy the club, build the ground and finance a lower league football club into the future.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 239
Madeleymariner
May 10, 2020, 10:48am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49

Given his refusal to answer a straight question three times about a claim he made about Shutes going to the media, I’d assume Mimma was talking balderdash

I would say Mimma is training to be a politician
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 239
KingstonMariner
May 10, 2020, 11:05am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner

I would say Mimma is training to be a politician

And I’m training to be Paxman

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 239
pen penfras
May 10, 2020, 11:46am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71

We all know full well that Day was referring to the leaked story to the telegraph that Shutes was interested in taking over the club. Presumably to put pressure on the bid being accepted without providing any credible evidence for his vision. There is no proof that this was the case, but it certainly suggests the club weren't involved in leaking the story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 239
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.