Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 153 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,105 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
May 9, 2020, 2:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Boris Johnson

wont be long before the knives are ot if he is......

It will be a big gammonble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 239
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2020, 5:55am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
Shutes was repeatedly asked for updates, then given a deadline, not once did he contact the club to tell them what he was doing. Then he suddenly turns up out of blue in the Telegraph with his scheme and takeover plan. There are inaccuracies in his statement,namely that 100 houses will have to be demolished down Freeman Street. Why has he remained silent for so long? His original idea for a stadium on the docks were reportedly at the other end of the docks, near the slip way,from what I recall.  Now it has moved to the other end.

I do not want to appear as though I want the stadium building down Freeman, in a perfect scenario I acually think the docks would be better, but I can't see it happening for various reasons, the main one being the land belongs to ABP, and they don't seem to be very keen on the idea. Time and costs are also a concern. Freedom is ready to go given the green light. We know Fenty and what he stands for, nobody has a clue about Shutes, and dissaping then suddenly reappearing like he has leaves more questions than answers

UTM

Talk about not answering questions. I’ve asked you a question twice now and you’ve completely ignored it.

I’ll ask you a third time. On what previous occasions has Shutes gone public with something as Day claimed and as you repeated?

Given your lack of an answer it looks like you were  just regurgitating guff fed to you by Day?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 239
Rodley Mariner
May 9, 2020, 8:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I remember when Philip Day said the new ground would probably have 4 stands with open corners as that would be cheapest. Hard not to caught up when somebody is creating powerful visions like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 239
Stadium
May 9, 2020, 9:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 239
Rodley Mariner
May 9, 2020, 9:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quick question for those who are concerned re credibility - what did you make of Extreme Leisure?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 239
aldi_01
May 9, 2020, 10:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Quick question for those who are concerned re credibility - what did you make of Extreme Leisure?

Wasn’t it Mr Day who seemed to think they were a credible business (they didn’t have anything like a track record) and would be delivering a large development project within a few days of that ill fated fans forum.

All we got was some dozy cow slagging off Town fans...and to think people think Shutes delivering a press release through a local newspaper is out of order.

That’s the one thing that confuses me in all this, why do Town fans think Shutes, who has zero connection with the club should reach out to them before he chooses to make a press release? Let’s face it, the club don’t bottom themselves, remember slagging off a bloke for doing his job publicly? Making statements without sharing them with the trust first, and so on.

Shutes does not need to seek permission from a gentleman’s club to release a statement.

People can keep their rose tinted GTFC specs, people can be dead against the club, that’s everyone’s entitlement but Shutes has nothing but dignity here and it still proves the clubs initial response, as ever was somewhat amateur and fictitious in places.

Simple fact is Fenty will not sell. On offer was obviously made to buy him out and have an overhaul, something he didn’t want so used the excuse of ‘proof of funds’...the fact Shutes has been financially supporting a large youth worker scheme that has recently been brought in to the area should help to prove, and anyway, his proof of funds would be proven during the due diligence phase...but Fenty didn’t agree with the deal and his yes people around him wouldn’t dare speak their mind.

So I look forward to Day et al walking round town with begging bowls, once again, assuming the fans to stump up some cash...like they haven’t stumped up enough. If the club hasn’t even a plan to figure out where the money is coming from then it doesn’t fill us with much confidence that they can assemble a plan to actually deliver on the largest local development for years.

But hey, let’s all crack on...UTM and all that jazz...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 239
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 9, 2020, 10:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The question is not whether Day/Fenty was credible over Great Coates, Parkway or anything else, it is whether Day/Fenty is credible over Freemo. We have absolutely no idea do we? This is all still ethereal visions based on what they tell us. What is likely is that the council is involved at some level but again we do not know and we are not likely to know until some scheme is either agreed or disagreed. We really should know better by now than to take face value public statements as gospel.

The second question is whether Shutes was credible in his bid and over his plan. With great respect to Shutes, I could make a plan for a ground that looks maritime on the Docks and produce a CGI of the Ice House looking like a super whorehouse. There is nothing tangible in what he has put forward. Pretty? Yes. Maybe he has nothing or maybe he just wants to keep it close for now. Maybe he has another speculative development agenda altogether and is just using a new ground as publicity and bait. Who knows? He ain't gonna tell us that is he?

But the facts as we stand are that BP is the one and only ground we are likely to have for the foreseeable future .... if there is a future for football. The rest of this really is pure speculation but I suppose it makes a change from lockdowns.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 239
headingly_mariner
May 9, 2020, 10:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I remember when Philip Day said the new ground would probably have 4 stands with open corners as that would be cheapest. Hard not to caught up when somebody is creating powerful visions like that.

What a vision. The idea that the current board have any credibility when it comes to them possibly delivering a stadium is laughable.

Shutes’ drawings are pretty spectacular. Seems strange that he would waste his time going public about his plans for the club if he could acquire it, if it wasn’t his intention to do so. Surely the board have questions to answer on why the deal with Shutes fell through, as he presents contrary information.
Why is it that we would automatically trust the board over him?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 239
promotion plaice
May 9, 2020, 10:53am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

Can someone explain to me how the club/Shutes/anyone are going to find funding for the new stadium when we are set for the biggest recession since records began ?

As someone once said "not in my lifetime"  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 239
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 9, 2020, 12:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from headingly_mariner

What a vision. The idea that the current board have any credibility when it comes to them possibly delivering a stadium is laughable.

Shutes’ drawings are pretty spectacular. Seems strange that he would waste his time going public about his plans for the club if he could acquire it, if it wasn’t his intention to do so. Surely the board have questions to answer on why the deal with Shutes fell through, as he presents contrary information.
Why is it that we would automatically trust the board over him?

The board has no obligation to answer anything except for its own amusement and, for all we know, this Shutes plan may be for real or just him amusing himself on the computer during lockdown. The board may have nil credibility but it has the one thing Shutes doesn’t - it has the club. That puts the board in the driving seat whether we like it or not and whether he likes it or not. The ball is always in his court to come up with an offer it can’t refuse.

I don’t trust the board automatically, or even manually, over Shute, but why should anyone trust Shute either? He has only drawn some pretty pictures and raised some possibilities. There is nothing else is there? Have I missed some massive cash pot somewhere? Does he have some multi-billionaire partner with a bottomless wallet and sand in his shoes?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 239
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.