Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,405 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
May 8, 2020, 9:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Exactly Biccys. You've hit the nail on the head. It's just sad that every thread on relocation turns into a Fenty bashing session when all I am trying to do is be subjective on what looks to me to be dodgy del-boy dealing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 239
ska face
May 8, 2020, 9:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,643
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Biccys
It's not a coincidence that this article appears 5 minutes after a new chairman is appointed.

Why? How has that changed anything?
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 239
Bigdog
May 8, 2020, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from mimma
Exactly Biccys. You've hit the nail on the head. It's just sad that every thread on relocation turns into a Fenty bashing session when all I am trying to do is be subjective on what looks to me to be dodgy del-boy dealing.

On this subject, fans are just stating facts based upon twenty years history of JF's inability to to relocate the football club. It's not bashing him at all.

I've seen a lot more Shutes bashing on here without any one having full knowledge of his plans yet and that includes your "dodgy del boy dealing" description which seems to be a lot worse than anything written about JF on this thread.

It's been eighteen months. In all my lifetime of over fifty years, the football club and the council have let the NE Lincs public down over the regeneration of the area and achieved diddly squat in that time, yet people want to jump on Shute's back after so little time because of their sheep-like tendency to believe every single word the club or JF says. It's beyond pathetic.

If I were Shutes and read some of the comments on here I'd turn my attention elsewhere and tell those people to rot in the squalor of BP, the Marshes and run down docks and Freemo.

Narrow minded Nimbys who are fearful of change or anything or anybody new hold everyone else back who hope for progression..

Just try being polite, open-minded and patient for a while longer. Don't chase the guy away before he's even had chance to put together what is a huge regeneration project..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 239
mimma
May 8, 2020, 10:27pm
Brandy Drinker
We are now going round in the same circle here. If I was to win the record amount in the lottery, then building a stadium on the docks would be my dream. But the reality is very different. Freeman Street on the other hand is ready to go and discussions are well advanced (by all accounts).

My main concern about Shutes is the way he has handled the whole situation from the beginning and throughout. Not keeping in touch, ignoring Fenty's very public ultimatum, then, when the club have started negotiating relocating to Freeman Street he suddenly shows up again via the Telegraph. It simply isn't the way to do business. If he is serious, then he should have made contact with Fenty and the club first. That in a nutshell is my main gripe. Nothing else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 239
ska face
May 8, 2020, 10:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Maybe his plans just didn’t fit Fenty’s arbitrary deadline? For all his talk about the club no-longer being for sale, if Shutes turned round tomorrow with say £5m in cash and a credible 10-year plan for the club then does anyone think he’d stick around?

Not sure where you’ve got the idea that any talks are “well advanced” either.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 239
mimma
May 8, 2020, 10:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Maybe his plans just didn’t fit Fenty’s arbitrary deadline? For all his talk about the club no-longer being for sale, if Shutes turned round tomorrow with say £5m in cash and a credible 10-year plan for the club then does anyone think he’d stick around?

Not sure where you’ve got the idea that any talks are “well advanced” either.

Well done, you've finally got the point!! That's the one thing that is missing in all Shutes says. CREDIBILITY.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 239
ska face
May 8, 2020, 11:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Says who, you and Honest John Fenty?

I see you’ve missed the point though. The fact he’s not put anything on the table yet means all this talk about his plans not being credible are a bit premature, given that you’ve no idea what he’s proposing.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 239
Biccys
May 8, 2020, 11:35pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from ska face
Says who, you and Honest John Fenty?

I see you’ve missed the point though. The fact he’s not put anything on the table yet means all this talk about his plans not being credible are a bit premature, given that you’ve no idea what he’s proposing.

And what did John EVER put into a more solid plan?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 77 - 239
grimsby pete
May 8, 2020, 11:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I have done enough Fenty bashing in the past and I do not want to add anything else as I believe I have been unfair to the man.

I do like the way Phillip Day conducts himself .

I do like what I have seen that Tom Shutes  has produced regarding the new stadium.

BUT

I do not believe anything will happen until I see where the money is coming from to build our new home and work has started on the building and we see a completion date.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 239
arryarryarry
May 9, 2020, 2:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mimma

Well done, you've finally got the point!! That's the one thing that is missing in all Shutes says. CREDIBILITY.

Well I'm glad someone has finally got the point as you clearly haven't.

You keep on slagging off Mr Shutes for putting some points and possible plans forward yet still completely ignore the abject failure of John Fenty to move this club forward in terms of a new ground after more than 15 years as the major shareholder and chairman.

As I mentioned in a previous post that you conveniently ignored, we are no nearer a new ground now than we were 25 years ago when it was announced. Where's the CREDIBILITY in that?

And as for a lack of updates how many frigging times have many on here asked for updates from the club regarding a new ground and most of the time all we get is silence.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 239
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.