Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,403 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
May 8, 2020, 2:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Shutes was repeatedly asked for updates, then given a deadline, not once did he contact the club to tell them what he was doing. Then he suddenly turns up out of blue in the Telegraph with his scheme and takeover plan. There are inaccuracies in his statement,namely that 100 houses will have to be demolished down Freeman Street. Why has he remained silent for so long? His original idea for a stadium on the docks were reportedly at the other end of the docks, near the slip way,from what I recall.  Now it has moved to the other end.

I do not want to appear as though I want the stadium building down Freeman, in a perfect scenario I acually think the docks would be better, but I can't see it happening for various reasons, the main one being the land belongs to ABP, and they don't seem to be very keen on the idea. Time and costs are also a concern. Freedom is ready to go given the green light. We know Fenty and what he stands for, nobody has a clue about Shutes, and dissaping then suddenly reappearing like he has leaves more questions than answers

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 239
thefish
May 8, 2020, 2:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Rik e B
Why can't they all just be friends and more the merrier investors wise like Lincoln?

Or, I haven't thought this through and plenty chance for things to go awry, but a Stadium Management company led by Shutes seperate to GTFC? With a 100 year unbreakable contract so don't get shafted with extornate rent and homeless, we basically live there for free, have shares in income streams or summits.

I dunno just chucking it out there if there a safe and mutual lly be be ficus way to do something similar?

You get the impression that Fenty would feel that his power would then be diluted. Unless of course potential investors don't want to work with the current board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 239
Rik e B
May 8, 2020, 3:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Yeah it's clear it Fenty's way or the highway, its his precious toy and he's reportedly impossible to work with.

Not wanting to get into Fenty bashing yet again it's just a massive shame really. Just imagine Mike Parker, Petit, Shutes etc etc even the Mullens if they just invested and kept their traps shut, what a powerhouse we could be or could have been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 239
Rik e B
May 8, 2020, 3:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
It is a bit strange to come out with it now after such a dignified silence. And also that they going to carry on regardless with continuing their grand plan, that's just weird and a waste of resources unless they got a mega ace up their sleeve somewhere that makes them so member sure gonna become a reality.

But like others have alluded to, the world and the country suddenly gone to hell in a hand basket, we could be facing very bleak times in deep recession (God help us further instances or other grave happenings and economy collapses) so vast regeneration plans might have to be put on hold.

I wish Phillip Day would put a positive spin on it though, expressing hope positive things can happen going forward but obviously things  may be more difficult not just simply 'it's the last thing on our minds' like an excuse found to kick the can down the road yet again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 239
jimgtfc
May 8, 2020, 3:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,091
Gold Stars: 44
With everything that’s going on and the financial repercussions to come I’d say we’re the furthest away we’ve been from a new stadium since we all donned conoco hats.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 239
arryarryarry
May 8, 2020, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mimma
Shutes was repeatedly asked for updates, then given a deadline, not once did he contact the club to tell them what he was doing. Then he suddenly turns up out of blue in the Telegraph with his scheme and takeover plan. There are inaccuracies in his statement,namely that 100 houses will have to be demolished down Freeman Street. Why has he remained silent for so long? His original idea for a stadium on the docks were reportedly at the other end of the docks, near the slip way,from what I recall.  Now it has moved to the other end.

I do not want to appear as though I want the stadium building down Freeman, in a perfect scenario I acually think the docks would be better, but I can't see it happening for various reasons, the main one being the land belongs to ABP, and they don't seem to be very keen on the idea. Time and costs are also a concern. Freedom is ready to go given the green light. We know Fenty and what he stands for, nobody has a clue about Shutes, and dissaping then suddenly reappearing like he has leaves more questions than answers

UTM

"Shutes was repeatedly asked for updates, then given a deadline, not once did he contact the club to tell them what he was doing"

May I ask if you are a director or senior member of staff, do you know that for a fact?

"We know Fenty and what he stands for, nobody has a clue about Shutes"

Do we?

It's Great Coates, no it's not it's Peaks Parkway, no it's not it's Freeman Street.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 239
mimma
May 8, 2020, 6:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from arryarryarry

"Shutes was repeatedly asked for updates, then given a deadline, not once did he contact the club to tell them what he was doing"

May I ask if you are a director or senior member of staff, do you know that for a fact?

Hi harry

No I'm not a director.  I have a season ticket and one £100 share in the club so I can say I own a very small part of it.

It seems to me that people are siding with Shutes just to have a go and regurgitate all the old anti- Fenty rhetoric that people want to go on and on about. Take all that away and what are we left with? A bloke that turns up wanting to buy the club, build a stadium on the docks. He then goes very quiet and ignores Fentys very public deadline. He then suddenly reappears in the Telegraph with another idea of buying the club and relocating without contacting the club first and as far as anyone is aware the owners of the land. Why is it so wrong to be sceptical of him? Please leave anti-Fenty views to one side and give a reasoned view.
"We know Fenty and what he stands for, nobody has a clue about Shutes"

Do we?

It's Great Coates, no it's not it's Peaks Parkway, no it's not it's Freeman Street.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 239
Ipswin
May 8, 2020, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rik e B
Just imagine even the Mullens.

You are fcuking joking I hope!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 239
arryarryarry
May 8, 2020, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116

Hi harry

No I'm not a director.  I have a season ticket and one £100 share in the club so I can say I own a very small part of it.

It seems to me that people are siding with Shutes just to have a go and regurgitate all the old anti- Fenty rhetoric that people want to go on and on about. Take all that away and what are we left with? A bloke that turns up wanting to buy the club, build a stadium on the docks. He then goes very quiet and ignores Fentys very public deadline. He then suddenly reappears in the Telegraph with another idea of buying the club and relocating without contacting the club first and as far as anyone is aware the owners of the land. Why is it so wrong to be sceptical of him? Please leave anti-Fenty views to one side and give a reasoned view.

I'm not siding with anyone. You are stating facts about Mr Shutes who I have no idea who he is or what he does. Does your £100 share give you access to what he has been doing?

You say what are we left with, let me tell you, we are no nearer to getting a new ground than we were 25 years ago, probably further away. So please accept my apologies for not jumping up and down waving my Fenty flag.

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 239
Biccys
May 8, 2020, 8:37pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
It's not a coincidence that this article appears 5 minutes after a new chairman is appointed. Come on, this guy is not seriously any kind of saviour or he'd have put his money where his mouth was months ago. He's a chancer with no actual, tangible backing yet. Whether that stays so remains to be seen, but for now, he's not got a chance of buying the club until he shows that he's got the cash.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 239
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.