Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,375 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2020, 8:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
FFS the sooner football comes back the better !

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 239
forza ivano
May 7, 2020, 9:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pizzzza

I'm sure he only has a small involvement.

Very good Pizzza ,appeals to my sense of humour
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 239
golfer
May 7, 2020, 9:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
I've had enough of this chopping and changing -fkuk moving - I've got a nice warm seat with plenty of leg room at B.P. and good view and good company. I don't care if you lot move I'm staying at Blundell Park - it's all I've known
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 239
Heswall Mariner
May 7, 2020, 9:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +583
Gold Stars: 30
This pipe dream is not going to happen in the foreseeable future. We've had thirty years of this guys - it really is not worth discussing any further. Home is BP & we are now even probably hanging on to that by a thread given the current situation.  Let's hope we can settle down in the Findus or wherever & watch a game of football again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 239
May 7, 2020, 10:22pm
Guest User
We are going to have the greatest recession in our history. Talk about building a stadium in the current climate is absurdly stupid. We may not see football 😭 for a while. Let us just concentrate on getting back to normal. This is going to be hard for all of us. Be safe.
Reply: 44 - 239
louth_in_the_south
May 7, 2020, 10:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,655
Gold Stars: 94
So this guy decides to release this statement now in the current climate just shouts “ look at me ... I want to be the saviour of Grimsby ....”

Six months down the road ... “ well I would’ve done it if it hadn’t been for that bloody coronavirus, honest . “

Full of sh.it if you ask me .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 239
GrimRob
May 7, 2020, 11:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
I'd settle for jumpers for goalposts at the moment. A new stadium feels about as far away as the Champions League.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 239
mimma
May 7, 2020, 11:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
I have my reservations over Shutes and his grandiose ideas. If it's the first GTFC have heard of this, then I bet it's the first that ABP, or whoever owns the land, have heard  of it as well.Has Shutes and his team done any feasibility study on this?  The Freeman Street proposal has the backing of the owners of the land, and the council, and it is cleared and ready to go.

As for the financing, do you think for one minute that the board have dreamed up this scheme without looking into how it can be paid for? They will have spent many hours in discussions will the relevant people to come up with a method of financing it, drawing on the experiences of other clubs that have relocated.It's only like you and me buying a house, only there's more noughts on the end. If everyone thought of how much their house costs, nobody would ever buy a house.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 239
RichMariner
May 8, 2020, 12:00am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
We've been crying out for some ideas and imagination. Some fresh blood. We've been stagnating and sinking during this Fenty era.

Shutes comes along — and I get it; none of us truly know what his financial situation is, or how sincere he is about delivering something for the people — but the reaction from some of our fans is to presume he's after something, and he's somehow going to do us over?

Give the bloke a break. We don't know him. I'd love to hear more from him. That's not to say I think we should just drop everything and pile onto what he's proposing.

I don't know about you but I feel a bit uneasy by how all this potential buy-out business has been handled, in the main, by the board. We only know what we know because 95% of the quotes — and any version of the story — has come from the board.

Shutes gives us a few quotes in an article and it's like we're scared of someone who's got a bit of imagination and a bit of ambition.

If more of us were open to change and willing to allow different people with different ideas into our lives then maybe it'd be a bit more vibrant and successful.

But no. The Grimsby way is to shut out anyone from out of town and close down the conversation.

Like I say, I just want to hear more from Shutes. I'd love to hear how he'd answer some tougher questions. I'm not necessarily for his stadium, and his idea. I just want to hear both sides and then make my mind up.

Our board have controlled what we've heard about Shutes' plans so I just feel it's time we heard more from the man himself. Until then I'm not making any decision on whether it's Freemo, the docks or BP.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 48 - 239
mimma
May 8, 2020, 12:53am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from RichMariner
We've been crying out for some ideas and imagination. Some fresh blood. We've been stagnating and sinking during this Fenty era.

Shutes comes along — and I get it; none of us truly know what his financial situation is, or how sincere he is about delivering something for the people — but the reaction from some of our fans is to presume he's after something, and he's somehow going to do us over?

Give the bloke a break. We don't know him. I'd love to hear more from him. That's not to say I think we should just drop everything and pile onto what he's proposing.

I don't know about you but I feel a bit uneasy by how all this potential buy-out business has been handled, in the main, by the board. We only know what we know because 95% of the quotes — and any version of the story — has come from the board.

Shutes gives us a few quotes in an article and it's like we're scared of someone who's got a bit of imagination and a bit of ambition.

If more of us were open to change and willing to allow different people with different ideas into our lives then maybe it'd be a bit more vibrant and successful.

But no. The Grimsby way is to shut out anyone from out of town and close down the conversation.

Like I say, I just want to hear more from Shutes. I'd love to hear how he'd answer some tougher questions. I'm not necessarily for his stadium, and his idea. I just want to hear both sides and then make my mind up.

Our board have controlled what we've heard about Shutes' plans so I just feel it's time we heard more from the man himself. Until then I'm not making any decision on whether it's Freemo, the docks or BP.

Sorry but have you read Phillip Day's statement? What is it that makes you uneasy with the way the board has handled Mr. Shutes proposals?
they repeatedly asked Shutes for information, but he never gave them a reply. The gave him an ultimatum, which he ignored. The board then publicly stated that since Shutes has not been it touch and updated his proposals, they would have no alternative but to assume the deal was dead. What more could they have possibly done in the circumstances? Instead of now getting in touch with the board, Shutes has gone running to the Telegraph with a fancy picture of a stadium and said he still wants to take the club over, and he can deliver this latest proposed stadium. Surely the right thing to do would be to contact the board first, not the local rag.

I for one am uneasy with these proposals and the way the whole thing has been handled by Shutes. It just doesn't add up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 239
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.