Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 158 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,106 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
scrumble
May 7, 2020, 5:41pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from White_shorts

It makes no sense to have one stand twice the height of the rest of the stadium.  It would detract from the atmosphere inside the ground.

Maybe Mr Shutes thinks people will pay to sit in the upper tier on non-matchdays to gaze at passing ships.

Looking at the design I'd guess the stands would be all the same  height, but the taller bit in the drawing is showing the possibility of extending capacity.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 239
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2020, 7:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Fenty hasn’t delivered the new stadium that much we know , maybe Shutes might ? Hopefully Shutes proves he’s got the financial clout and probably even more importantly the contacts to deliver
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 239
headingly_mariner
May 7, 2020, 7:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Alfie
The lack of scrutiny and tough questions asked by our 'local' paper is disgusting. Feels like a puff piece sent in by a PR department

1. ABP own the land, they won't give it up easily. Or will they?
2. Where is the money coming from to fill in part of dock?
3. Wouldn't this take significant time to do?
4. Would ground need sufficient time to settle before any building work starts on top of it?
5. Has any environmental report been commissioned to check this is feasible?
6. Are ABP happy/involved in this?
7. Has any provisional permission been sought?
8. How many businesses are now in a position to relocate to an unproven and untested scheme?
9. Are these plans 'COVID-proof'?

While the pictures are nice, I can't get remotely excited about a property developer from London until basic questions like this are answered. The fact this guy has lingered in and out for nearly three years suggests we haven't been convinced he can adequately answer some of the above

What happens to the club when his trawler stadium runs into an issue??? I don't think we should hand over the keys to a London property developer on a punt or nice idea. The current board are not perfect but better the devil you know IMO

There is very little of Mr. Shutes online but the stuff I can see suggests he has a record of big, bold ideas that fizzles away. Where's his track record for delivery? Happy to be proven wrong with evidence of this guy delivering something of this scale and complexity???

Previous plans for Holloway theatre undelivered: https://www.islingtongazette.c.....to-trouble-1-3107547

It's all too vague and just a distraction at a very bad time IMO

Is that not the same lack of scrutiny that Mr Fenty has had in every interview he’s done with the GET in the last 15 years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 239
Ipswin
May 7, 2020, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Have a look online at the publicly available information on Pettit. He's attributed to over 400 companies and was very high up at the now dissolved Lehmann Brothers.

Do you mean the now bankrupt Lehman Brothers?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 239
golfer
May 7, 2020, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from pizzzza
Odd that Shutes chooses to break his silence now after all this time, this is the first time we have actually heard from him right? To be honest, Id take either the Docks or Freeman Street right now.

I wouldn't trust this guy as far as i could throw him - he's playing a game. Tell him to fcoff JSF Please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 239
jamesgtfc
May 7, 2020, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Ipswin

Do you mean the now bankrupt Lehman Brothers?

Ok, I added an extra N at the end but you get my drift.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 239
Ipswin
May 7, 2020, 7:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Ok, I added an extra N at the end but you get my drift.

Didn't notice that I simply wanted to replace 'dissolved' with 'bankrupt'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 239
moosey_club
May 7, 2020, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Fenty hasn’t delivered the new stadium that much we know , maybe Shutes might ? Hopefully Shutes proves he’s got the financial clout and probably even more importantly the contacts to deliver

Well he hasn't so far as he ?

In my opinion we can forget any new ground now, following this lockdown i can only see a massive financial claw back from the government who will need to recoup expenditure, wouldnt be suprised if some of the Town Deal monies are curtailed which i think is what Shutes is hoping to piggie bag his plans onto, never seen or heard of him prior to the £64m Town deal being negotiated...coincidence ??

Again we come back to the fact the club doesnt have a pot to p!ss in , Shutes hasnt ,in two years since he drafted those plans , come up with any evidence he can fund it, run it and secure 5yrs running of the club to allow the board to go along with it.

Lets stop dreaming for now.  B.P for ten years at least.

Also that stadium plan looks mightily complicated, as i look at it it looks like its sandwiched between the dock offices, Royal Dock and the Ice house.....not much space and there is a train line running alongside that site too.  Highly ambitious which equals high costs.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 239
lew chaterleys lover
May 7, 2020, 8:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
To deliver any stadium, even a basic one that Mr Day alluded to at the last fans forum would cost a fortune. Does anybody on here or the wider fan base have any confidence at all that the current Board could raise the money?

I don't think the board could deliver any new stadium and if by chance they did there would be so many corners cut it would be a mockery.

If the current board are to remain in place I would rather stay at BP as I don't think, judging by their track record, they have the expertise or ambition to deliver a new stadium.

Shutes on the other hand has certainly got the vision; a dockside stadium with the dock tower as a backdrop has always been the thing to aim for to catapult the club into an exciting future .

If Shutes is genuine then that would be the best option to take the club forward but it doesnt instil confidence when he talks in riddles; if he wants to buy the club then just get on with it. If he doesn't then stop wasting everybody's time.

I guess we will still be talking about a possible new stadium for many years to come.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 239
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2020, 8:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
I hope that the swft response from the chairman (longtime since we could say that!) has now cleared up this matter. Mr. Shutes has gone to the telegraph first without consulting GTFC (not for the first time). The Town board has repeatedly asked for clarification from Mr. Shutes,which has not been forthcoming, so they have, like the rest of us, dismissed his proposals. He doesn't go about his ideas in the right way, says nothing for over a year and then goes to the Telegraph with his plans. This is not the right way to conduct business.  The board are right to be sceptical and  cautious.

I picked up on that in Day’s statement. I was very surprised by that. When was the previous occasion or occasions that Shutes did that? This is the first time I’ve seen any such public ‘appearance’ by him. I might have missed it so could you point out when/where?

For what it’s worth I think the information that they are asking for is sensible. However who did Fenty show such information to when he was proposing the Peaks Parkway Stadium?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 239
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.