Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 163 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,327 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Iknowyoursecret
August 28, 2020, 11:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
The same manager who was threatening to leave a few weeks ago until a board member of Grimsby town fc calmed the situation.Seem that the board have BIG GOB or at least one of them has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 239
forza ivano
August 29, 2020, 1:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret
The same manager who was threatening to leave a few weeks ago until a board member of Grimsby town fc calmed the situation.Seem that the board have BIG GOB or at least one of them has.

More baseless speculation/ rumour which ,given the precedents   should be removed by Grim Rob immediately. However since it doesnt involve Our Glorious Non Leader,  no doubt it will remain untouched
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 239
aldi_01
August 29, 2020, 6:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The whole thing is speculation, even the tyre kicking comments from the club. They haven’t told us the truth, they’ve told us their version of events.

I remember messaging a GTFC supporting mate the day holloway got the job and said he wouldn’t last a calendar year...COVID has somewhat intervened but i wouldn’t be surprised if it happens at some point.

I suspect we may have missed the boat on a genuine opportunity to sell the club and move forward and develop. Time will tell but our current incumbents are sadly here to stay.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 239
dicko995
August 29, 2020, 7:03am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
I for one was all in favour of Tom Shutes, his design and improvement to the Docks seemed to be a really good proposition to 'clean' up the Town and give us the football ground we so badly need. I dont know much detail as to what discussions evolved between Mr.Shutes and GTFC, but i reckon we may of missed out on a good deal. I would of preferred this against the Freeman Street ground, which has died off a bit, and by all accounts from what i have seen, Freeman St., seems to be mainly Polish and Rumanian territory, no disrespect to them. Mr.Shutes wouldnt go this far into getting architectual plans drawn up for nothing, he seemed really involved in his plans. What happened since, we may never know the truth. GTFC, you have missed out on a very good opportunity i reckon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 239
White_shorts
December 23, 2020, 3:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -618
Gold Stars: 9
I apologise if this was mentioned before, but the railway line would have implications for access if Shutes gets his way. There are trains scheduled to depart Grimsby Town for Cleethorpes at 1434 and 1440. I think the level crossing barriers are down for around two minutes each time.

A train leaves Cleethorpes at 1655, so there are likely to be thousands of fans waiting after the final whistle.

I will say it again: it is MADNESS to go to the trouble and expense of filling in the dock when there is a brownfield site just 300 metres away. Build the stadium in the heart of the community at Freemo and use the Murray Street quayside for matchday parking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 239
Grantley
December 23, 2020, 3:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Quoted from White_shorts
I apologise if this was mentioned before, but the railway line would have implications for access if Shutes gets his way. There are trains scheduled to depart Grimsby Town for Cleethorpes at 1434 and 1440. I think the level crossing barriers are down for around two minutes each time.

A train leaves Cleethorpes at 1655, so there are likely to be thousands of fans waiting after the final whistle.

I will say it again: it is MADNESS to go to the trouble and expense of filling in the dock when there is a brownfield site just 300 metres away. Build the stadium in the heart of the community at Freemo and use the Murray Street quayside for matchday parking.

Back under your rock Fentyite.

Edit: my mistake, you’re just adamant on Freeman Street and completely against anything Shutes is going for.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 239
White_shorts
February 10, 2021, 5:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -618
I am not a fan of Fenty. He should have resigned after we got back into the league in 2016. There had to be something rotten at the club for Amond to leave us for flipping Hartlepool.

I searched the net for "dock infill cost" and found this article that suggests £18m for a similar scheme at Tyne Dock:

https://www.constructionenquir.....8m-tyne-dock-infill/

Maybe Shutes thinks he can get that sort of money from a Government grant.

Has the ownership of the Freemo flats site been established? Some people here heard rumours of the council using the community stadium office space. Is that still the case?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 239
Simon
February 10, 2021, 6:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
18 million not a chance

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 239
Azimuth
February 10, 2021, 6:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Simon
18 million not a chance

How much do you estimate?
I would say if they can do it for 18 million they are getting a bargain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 239
RexFannies
February 10, 2021, 11:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
Is this the longest ever wait for a reply?

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 199 - 239
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.