Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 306 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,406 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
August 28, 2020, 5:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
No point trying to decipher the truth from the words of two businessmen playing games with each other.  Shutes in theory was exactly what we needed but whether his imagination could be translated to tangible progression is immaterial now.  

I've become quite tired of supporting Town's monotony but the current priority must be about survival above all else, and that means relying on our very experienced manager to find us something out of nothing.

That said, we're heading into the start of competitive fixtures in no shape at all: one friendly played; most new signings playing professional football for the first time; two central midfielders on the books - one of them being a fresh academy graduate.  Is everyone else in the same boat?  The League 2 signings thread suggests other clubs are much better prepared than we are.  Is that because they're risking too much?  Will they end up in trouble by next year?  

Who knows.  If we didn't have Holloway I'd be extremely worried.  At least I can watch from behind the sofa this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 239
NorthLondonMariner
August 28, 2020, 6:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
I think all this needs to be put to bed for now. We need to all be united as one while the world is still on its head battling covid 19. Lets just concentrate on getting though this and still having a club to support at the end of it all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 239
Northbank Mariner
August 28, 2020, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner
I think all this needs to be put to bed for now. We need to all be united as one while the world is still on its head battling covid 19. Lets just concentrate on getting though this and still having a club to support at the end of it all.

And that deserved 2 red crosses for what reason?...do we have Lincoln/Scunthorpe fans highjacking the forum??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 239
promotion plaice
August 28, 2020, 9:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

And that deserved 2 red crosses for what reason?...do we have Lincoln/Scunthorpe fans highjacking the forum??

Whatever happened to the Monkey Hangers?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 239
SDUTM
August 28, 2020, 10:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pen penfras

I doubt we'll ever get to see the facts, but the story I was told is very different to what your "source" says. Probably should not post things where you're just repeating somebody else's words, who may well have made them up just because he doesn't like Fenty. There's enough of those about already.

The hate issues Fenty are your own doing so don’t use this forum for complaining as you need to lay in the bed that you made!

And I presume that it’s you John that complained and had my post removed. Please someone tell me why John Fenty is running and controlling a fans message board?

This man is a complete and utter bully and his dictatorship over this board is a prime example of that.

My source was part of the process of the Shutes bid so I would say that the information is very accurate.

Shutes and his collective have demonstrated a little bit of class by not going to the press and having a slagging off match with Fenty and I for one respect that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 239
SDUTM
August 28, 2020, 10:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
Oh dear. Can see 1 or 2 people getting threatening emails / private messages. Grim Rob and his mate really dont like these stories/ rumours being spread about our glorious non supremo

Yep I’ve had mine, unfortunately for GrimRob I stand by my post as factual as my source is solid! So let it stand GrimRob or allow JF to continue to run this board and remove me. I don’t need to name my source nor should I have to on a public forum. If JF thinks it’s a lie he can email me with a threatening solicitor letter as I know it’s true and stand by the information posted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 239
GrimRob
August 28, 2020, 10:38pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from SDUTM

The hate issues Fenty are your own doing so don’t use this forum for complaining as you need to lay in the bed that you made!

And I presume that it’s you John that complained and had my post removed. Please someone tell me why John Fenty is running and controlling a fans message board?

This man is a complete and utter bully and his dictatorship over this board is a prime example of that.

My source was part of the process of the Shutes bid so I would say that the information is very accurate.

Shutes and his collective have demonstrated a little bit of class by not going to the press and having a slagging off match with Fenty and I for one respect that.

Nobody complained. The fact that you jump to the conclusion that someone did and even identify people who might have done shows how desperate you are to see demons everywhere. As I have said to you, publish your allegations in your own name elsewhere and I am more than happy for a link to them to go on the forum.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 186 - 239
SDUTM
August 28, 2020, 10:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Nobody complained. The fact that you jump to the conclusion that someone did and even identify people who might have done shows how desperate you are to see demons everywhere. As I have said to you, publish your allegations in your own name elsewhere and I am more than happy for a link to them to go on the forum.

A growing number of supporters already realise the demon that we have running the club and there’s nothing desperate about that!

A supporters board is for speculation, fans opinions and rumours / information that we have all heard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 239
grimsby pete
August 28, 2020, 10:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
No idea what has been said by SDUTM but whether a deal had been agreed between Shutes and Fenty or not.

The outcome was Ollie came on the scene and that changed things.

I for one would have been happy if Shutes took over.

BUT

I am more than happy having Ollie here and on the board.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 239
SDUTM
August 28, 2020, 10:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
No idea what has been said by SDUTM but whether a deal had been agreed between Shutes and Fenty or not.

The outcome was Ollie came on the scene and that changed things.

I for one would have been happy if Shutes took over.

BUT

I am more than happy having Ollie here and on the board.

I agree that Ollie has most definitely had a very positive effect on the club however he has a very difficult task right and and I most definitely support and applaud his efforts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 239
24 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.