Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 340 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,107 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
August 24, 2020, 10:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Abdul19
Doesn't Glanford Park have closed corners?

Yes, but that's to keep their fan in until the end of the game.

Anyway would you like a view of Scunthorpe through the corners?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 239
White_shorts
August 27, 2020, 7:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -599
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Ffs please stop bringing this thread up the man is wasting time and just mudding the water

Didn't Mr Fenty say he had been in dialogue with Shutes for two years? Un-fcuking-believable, when there is a STADIUM-SIZED PLOT OF LAND AT FREEMAN STREET. What does he have against Freemo anyway?

You must be funny in the head if you think disjointed, antiquated Blundell Park is better than Shrewsbury or Colchester's stadium. I bet the people saying that sit at the top of the Findus, gazing at the estuary.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 239
golfer
August 27, 2020, 8:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
If Shoots is fuffing us about he wants Shuting  ( duck me I get fafter)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 239
aldi_01
August 27, 2020, 9:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Thing is, we don’t actually know that it’s Shutes dragging his heels...the club can say what they want but who’s to say it’s not them dragging their heels?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 239
moosey_club
August 27, 2020, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from aldi_01
Thing is, we don’t actually know that it’s Shutes dragging his heels...the club can say what they want but who’s to say it’s not them dragging their heels?

The main man wants out, if he had received a suitable hard cash offer he would be gone wouldn't he ?  I cannot remember Fenty or the board dismissing Shutes bid, plans or proposed takeover as outright poppycock but just that there has never been proof of funds to complete the transaction.
That indicates to me that what he has said to the board is of interest and plausible enough to happen....if the money is delivered or at least gauranteed.

The club have now said they have closed the doors on Shutes anyway havnt they ?  as he hasnt come up with the goods and they were going to be forging ahead under their own steam before the Covid crisis kicked in.

Regardless, the only outcome now is that we arent going to be in a new ground anytime soon, certainly not in time for our Championship bow in what is it now......just 2yrs time ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 239
Iknowyoursecret
August 27, 2020, 10:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from moosey_club

The main man wants out, if he had received a suitable hard cash offer he would be gone wouldn't he ?  I cannot remember Fenty or the board dismissing Shutes bid, plans or proposed takeover as outright poppycock but just that there has never been proof of funds to complete the transaction.
That indicates to me that what he has said to the board is of interest and plausible enough to happen....if the money is delivered or at least gauranteed.

The club have now said they have closed the doors on Shutes anyway havnt they ?  as he hasnt come up with the goods and they were going to be forging ahead under their own steam before the Covid crisis kicked in.

Regardless, the only outcome now is that we arent going to be in a new ground anytime soon, certainly not in time for our Championship bow in what is it now......just 2yrs time ?

What I’ve heard is that funds were shown but Mr Fenty just dismisses them.Also heard that Mr Fenty wanted to stay on but the proposed new owners wanted him gone.All through the talks he kept changing the deal.ASK HIM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 239
aldi_01
August 27, 2020, 10:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We will never get Shutes’ side of the story because he’s rightly keeping his cards to his chest...in reality, whatever the truth, we’ll only ever get the clubs public view.

Fenty has always said he wants out yet he has seemingly put stipulations or obstacles in the way which have been sold as reassurances for the club.

For me something doesn’t add up but we’re unlikely to ever find out. I don’t see Fenty and his chums going anywhere and perhaps that is the reason he has never sold because a buyer wants rid of the deadwood and fresh ideas...

Who knows...I just can’t see either a new ground or owner any time soon...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 239
headingly_mariner
August 27, 2020, 10:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club

That was until Holloway came in. The sniff of success is a scent too delicious to pass up on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 239
forza ivano
August 27, 2020, 10:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret

What I’ve heard is that funds were shown but Mr Fenty just dismisses them.Also heard that Mr Fenty wanted to stay on but the proposed new owners wanted him gone.All through the talks he kept changing the deal.ASK HIM

I dont think you're allowed to say that sort of thing  you can post rumours  about almost anything, but god forbid that you disparage our glorious non leader. You can expect a p.m. demanding an apology.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 239
rancido
August 27, 2020, 11:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from forza ivano

I dont think you're allowed to say that sort of thing  you can post rumours  about almost anything, but god forbid that you disparage our glorious non leader. You can expect a p.m. demanding an apology.....

I think you will find that you can say what you want providing you can back it up with facts and not just hearsay. Sadly most posts about our non-leader are hearsay or assumptions such as "I've heard...."

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 239
24 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.