Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 174 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,399 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 11, 2020, 6:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from arryarryarry

Maybe not half the town but wasn't Peaks Parkway going to provide hundreds of houses, some community pitches, a supermarket?

Right enough 'arry. Maybe the board learned a lesson there eh? I hope so.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 239
KingstonMariner
May 11, 2020, 10:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
Hello again.

Firstly, I decided to have a rest from all this because of all the point scoring and people putting their own personal agenda before any sensible arguments and had a pleasant time with my friend Timothy Taylor.

Now to KingstonMariners question. I was going on my own personal recollection of events. I have better things to do with my time than trawling through press reports just to prove a point to you.
Stay safe follow Mariners

What you mean Mimma is that your comment (repeating what Day said) is a load of tripe that you cannot back up. Not even a ‘remember the time when’ or a ‘last Summer there was that thing in the GT’. Zilch!

You shouldn’t need to spend a long time trawling through press reports if you were remembering actual events.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 239
mimma
May 12, 2020, 12:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
Hello Kingston

Since Kingston is in London, may I ask if you have any connection with Shutes or his associates?

I thought I answered your (persistent) question, when I said that it was my perception, and I cannot prove a perception. Shutes does not do interviews, videos or any other communication other than to release carefully worded articles in the Telegraph, which is where my perception comes from. Even when Fenty was asked, all he could say was he was "getting his ducks in line". Maybe he should do a "locked down, but not out" podcast! Put simply he is very mysterious which leaves us guessing, His vision looks fantastic, but is it a bit too bold for Grimsby docks? "If it looks to good to be true...."  Nobody knows why he never stayed in contact with the club, and ignored the deadline. A lot on here would like to hear his explanation, but I doubt we ever will.

As for Fenty and the board, I haven't always agreed with what they have done, like everyone on here, but the one thing you cannot deny is that the club is well run, and financially stable. The only real debt we have is Fenty's benign loan, which by football standards isn't that great, (unlike Scunny for example!). So when it comes to financing a new stadium, I trust Fenty not to put the club in the financial mire, or walk away and leave it in the hands of a "Carl or Owen Oyston" type character.Fenty would have had business loans to finance his fish business, so will know his way round.them. I agree that the peakes parkway and Extreme Leisure was a disaster, but Great Coates was down to an inept council, the club couldn't have done much more IMHO.  

I must admit that Shutes plans look fantastic, and would love to see it come to fruition in my lifetime, (I in my late 60s), but the reality is it just looks to grand for Grimsby, in London, no problem,

One final point, when the proposed takeover was first announced, Fenty said that the price (for the takeover) had been agreed, so why did it not go ahead? My guess, (and that's all it is Kingston) is that Shutes couldn't come up with the money.

Stay safe fellow Mariners and goodnight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 239
KingstonMariner
May 16, 2020, 6:43pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from mimma
Hello Kingston

Since Kingston is in London, may I ask if you have any connection with Shutes or his associates?

I thought I answered your (persistent) question, when I said that it was my perception, and I cannot prove a perception. Shutes does not do interviews, videos or any other communication other than to release carefully worded articles in the Telegraph, which is where my perception comes from. Even when Fenty was asked, all he could say was he was "getting his ducks in line". Maybe he should do a "locked down, but not out" podcast! Put simply he is very mysterious which leaves us guessing, His vision looks fantastic, but is it a bit too bold for Grimsby docks? "If it looks to good to be true...."  Nobody knows why he never stayed in contact with the club, and ignored the deadline. A lot on here would like to hear his explanation, but I doubt we ever will.

As for Fenty and the board, I haven't always agreed with what they have done, like everyone on here, but the one thing you cannot deny is that the club is well run, and financially stable. The only real debt we have is Fenty's benign loan, which by football standards isn't that great, (unlike Scunny for example!). So when it comes to financing a new stadium, I trust Fenty not to put the club in the financial mire, or walk away and leave it in the hands of a "Carl or Owen Oyston" type character.Fenty would have had business loans to finance his fish business, so will know his way round.them. I agree that the peakes parkway and Extreme Leisure was a disaster, but Great Coates was down to an inept council, the club couldn't have done much more IMHO.  

I must admit that Shutes plans look fantastic, and would love to see it come to fruition in my lifetime, (I in my late 60s), but the reality is it just looks to grand for Grimsby, in London, no problem,

One final point, when the proposed takeover was first announced, Fenty said that the price (for the takeover) had been agreed, so why did it not go ahead? My guess, (and that's all it is Kingston) is that Shutes couldn't come up with the money.

Absolutely nothing to do with the man. I’d never even heard of him until the rumours of the takeover were reported on this board. I have no particular wish to see Shutes takeover the club. I know next to nothing about him or where the money is coming from. I would be dead against the Trust selling up its shares to ANYONE.

You know London is a big city, so strange as it might seem, I don’t know everybody. Try to imagine if you can, that for every person in Grimsby, there’s 100 times that many in London. I’d imagine that you don’t know everyone in GY.

As for you having an impression, that’s fair enough. But you’ve just admitted it’s a completely baseless one. You’d have been much better off saying ‘my bad, I got it wrong’.

As for Fenty’s stewardship. It’s been disastrous. We started to get a grip financially when the Trust got on the board.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 239
KingstonMariner
May 16, 2020, 6:47pm
Meths Drinker
PS Fenty continued to pursue the Great Coates option long after it was a dead duck and the club had to write off £££££.

He’s a serial pursuer of pipe dreams. It wouldn’t surprise me if Freeman Street went the same way. Then he’ll jump on the docks plan when it becomes clear that it too is a non-starter.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 239
Rodley Mariner
May 16, 2020, 9:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Hi Kingston. Since you live in London I wondered if you'd met my friend from school called Tony?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 239
moosey_club
May 17, 2020, 9:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,239
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Hi Kingston. Since you live in London I wondered if you'd met my friend from school called Tony?

I worked with a Tony once in Glasgow, is that the same bloke ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 239
Garth
May 17, 2020, 10:01am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from moosey_club

I worked with a Tony once in Glasgow, is that the same bloke ?

No your talking about the Tony who wears a woman's skirt, a red wig, a kitchen knife down his sock and struts about blowing up an octopuses bottom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 239
norfuk mariner
May 17, 2020, 11:21am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 2
Is that the Tony who has a weapon of mass destruction??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 239
jock dock tower
May 17, 2020, 2:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from mimma
Hello Kingston

He's actually Jamaican.....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 239
24 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.