Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

Tom Shutes

This thread currently has 51,377 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
May 10, 2020, 5:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from White_shorts

They are no more impressive than the vision for Freeman Street. Or by spectacular do you mean there is an upper tier? You don't need to see the Dock Tower from inside the stadium.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: it is madness to go to the trouble and expense of filling in the dock when there is a brownfield site just a few hundred metres away.

Four separate stands would be okay for atmosphere as long as they are fully screened at the ends. Four stands of equal height, with the side stands covering the entire length of the pitch, and toilets with room for more than six people, would be a vast improvement on Blundell Park.

If we ever move it needs to be visionary. To have a new stadium which is the cheapest available should be avoided at all costs.

Shutes knows that a move is more than an upgrade on toilet facilities (welcome though that would be) but a chance to catapult the club forward and the chance to make the football world to take us seriously, as well as giving the town something to be proud of.

I have said it many times but I would not wish to move whilst the current board are in situ. None of them have the contacts, the drive or ambition to see beyond the cheap option, as proved by their running of the club up to this point.

We need Shutes and the people that back him; if it doesn't happen then we need someone like him in the future.

Countless clubs of our current stature have gone on to better things by looking past their immediate problems.

The missing ingredient is money, but it's hard to imagine Shutes has done this without having the people who can raise the finance but I wish he would get on with it once the current crisis is over.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 239
mimma
May 10, 2020, 7:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Hello again.

Firstly, I decided to have a rest from all this because of all the point scoring and people putting their own personal agenda before any sensible arguments and had a pleasant time with my friend Timothy Taylor.

Now to KingstonMariners question. I was going on my own personal recollection of events. I have better things to do with my time than trawling through press reports just to prove a point to you.

Shutes has now given further details of his plan, again through the Telegraph.  I actually bought a copy for the first time in years! I must admit that they are very impressive ,but are they viable here in Grimsby? For example, do we need another theatre, or will the Auditorium be pulled down? My personal vision is for the Fishing Heritage Centre to be relocated there along with the Doughty Collection. Just imagine having the restored Ross Tiger next to the new stadium. Of course no of this means diddlysquat if ABP aren't on board. Has Shutes been in contact with them to ask of the availability of their land? They must be perplexed with what is being proposed on land that they own!

To be fair to the board, they gave Shutes a deadline. He did not even have the courtesy of replying and updating them. They had no other choice but to go it alone and persue Freeman Street. What other option did they have?  I can't wait for tomorrow's episode in the Telegraph to get another snippet of the new stadium saga. Well at least it livened up this dreaded lockdown.

Stay safe follow Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 239
moosey_club
May 10, 2020, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Maybe the board calling time on Shutes has actually made him up his game and is now forcing him to show his hand a bit more in order to be considered a serious bidder?    Very cunning of them.

Either way up i still dont see any new ground hosting games before 2030.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 239
Gaffer58
May 10, 2020, 8:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
With Ollie buying shares he will have a say now, or is his holding not big enough?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 239
gaz57
May 10, 2020, 11:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from mimma
Hello again.

Firstly, I decided to have a rest from all this because of all the point scoring and people putting their own personal agenda before any sensible arguments and had a pleasant time with my friend Timothy Taylor.

Now to KingstonMariners question. I was going on my own personal recollection of events. I have better things to do with my time than trawling through press reports just to prove a point to you.

Shutes has now given further details of his plan, again through the Telegraph.  I actually bought a copy for the first time in years! I must admit that they are very impressive ,but are they viable here in Grimsby? For example, do we need another theatre, or will the Auditorium be pulled down? My personal vision is for the Fishing Heritage Centre to be relocated there along with the Doughty Collection. Just imagine having the restored Ross Tiger next to the new stadium. Of course no of this means diddlysquat if ABP aren't on board. Has Shutes been in contact with them to ask of the availability of their land? They must be perplexed with what is being proposed on land that they own!

To be fair to the board, they gave Shutes a deadline. He did not even have the courtesy of replying and updating them. They had no other choice but to go it alone and persue Freeman Street. What other option did they have?  I can't wait for tomorrow's episode in the Telegraph to get another snippet of the new stadium saga. Well at least it livened up this dreaded lockdown.

I would have thought he'd have talked to ABP before he spent his money on a set of plans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 239
arryarryarry
May 11, 2020, 12:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mimma
Hello again.

You still fail to offer a solution to where the current board are going to fund a new stadium.
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 239
mimma
May 11, 2020, 12:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Hello again Harry

I have said on an earlier thread that the board will not have gone to all this trouble if they don't have a financial plan in place.

grants are available from various sources, and they can get a loan or mortgage for the rest.They would have thought it through before committing themselves. They will have a plan!!

Freeman Street has the backing of the land owners, the council (for a change) and the area itself is ready to go. Shute's plans doesn't have any of these. The biggest problem as I see it, is getting the land. It is a prime dockside site, and will be priced as such. Throughout all the dockside saga ABP have remained steadfastly silent on the subject, giving the impression that they are not keen on the idea.

As a matter of interest, where does the latest Shutes plan say anything about filling in any dock? This was mentioned during the first plan he put forward, but that was at the other end of the docks to his latest release.Filling in any dock would be a huge undertaking on its own, and very expensive on top of buying the land.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 239
arryarryarry
May 11, 2020, 3:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mimma
Hello again Harry

I have said on an earlier thread that the board will not have gone to all this trouble if they don't have a financial plan in place.

grants are available from various sources, and they can get a loan or mortgage for the rest.They would have thought it through before committing themselves. They will have a plan!!

Freeman Street has the backing of the land owners, the council (for a change) and the area itself is ready to go. Shute's plans doesn't have any of these. The biggest problem as I see it, is getting the land. It is a prime dockside site, and will be priced as such. Throughout all the dockside saga ABP have remained steadfastly silent on the subject, giving the impression that they are not keen on the idea.

As a matter of interest, where does the latest Shutes plan say anything about filling in any dock? This was mentioned during the first plan he put forward, but that was at the other end of the docks to his latest release.Filling in any dock would be a huge undertaking on its own, and very expensive on top of buying the land.

So you slag Shutes off for not giving details of a financial plan but support the current regime who also haven't given any details of a financial plan?
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 239
Ipswin
May 11, 2020, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you slag Shutes off for not giving details of a financial plan but support the current regime who also haven't given any details of a financial plan?

Unlike Shutes I don't think the current regime have a financial plan and just like Shutes I don't think they have the money either but at least they don't claim to be planning to revive the Ice House and half of the town aswell

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 239
Ipswin
May 11, 2020, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club

Either way up i still dont see any new ground hosting games before 2030.

Don't worry mate, we'll still be in the grip if Covid19 by then

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 239
24 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tom Shutes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.