Private Message
Stadium
April 2, 2020, 6:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
“We were anticipating that we’d be playing again by April, and that sort of interruption wouldn’t have affected us unduly,” Mr Day added.

Very naive.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
aldi_01
April 2, 2020, 6:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Stadium
“We were anticipating that we’d be playing again by April, and that sort of interruption wouldn’t have affected us unduly,” Mr Day added.

Very naive.

I mean, I guess now is not the time for bashing the club but this just makes you roll your eyes...so naive...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
louth_in_the_south
April 2, 2020, 6:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Anyone else starting to get the feeling that football in the lower 2 divisions is going to be a lot different when it starts up again ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Stadium
April 2, 2020, 6:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean, I guess now is not the time for bashing the club but this just makes you roll your eyes...so naive...

Agree as football is not relevant compared with other events taking place.
It does affect livelyhoods though,anybody who though normallity would return by April is way off the pace.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 2, 2020, 7:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Anyone else starting to get the feeling that football in the lower 2 divisions is going to be a lot different when it starts up again ?

Don’t think it will just be the bottom two leagues as Premier & Championship clubs are very reliant on tv income and the rumours suggest these will not be paid and other than some ongoing sponsorship deals they have no income and large financial commitments. Thus when this all over the best guess is that large transfer fees will be no longer as clubs fight for survival and I have read on another site that one unnamed Premiership club is close to calling in the receiver.

Whether Grimsby have been naive is in reality irrelevant as what can they actually do about it?

These are troubling times as businesses, the housing market and people’s livelihood just fall in front of our eyes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Stadium
April 2, 2020, 7:48pm
Champagne Drinker

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
louth_in_the_south
April 2, 2020, 7:54pm

Exile
Quoted from Stadium

Very naive.

I don’t see what else they could do really?
As for being naive I think the majority of the country were thinking that this was going to blow over quickly!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
louth_in_the_south
April 2, 2020, 7:57pm

Exile
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Don’t think it will just be the bottom two leagues as Premier & Championship clubs are very reliant on tv income and the rumours suggest these will not be paid and other than some ongoing sponsorship deals they have no income and large financial commitments. Thus when this all over the best guess is that large transfer fees will be no longer as clubs fight for survival and I have read on another site that one unnamed Premiership club is close to calling in the receiver.

Whether Grimsby have been naive is in reality irrelevant as what can they actually do about it?

These are troubling times as businesses, the housing market and people’s livelihood just fall in front of our eyes.

Very true regarding the top 2 divisions. Perhaps they are , in reality, in a worse position than lower league clubs with their financial liabilities.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Stadium
April 2, 2020, 8:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I don’t see what else they could do really?
As for being naive I think the majority of the country were thinking that this was going to blow over quickly!

The decision which the club has taken isn't been questioned.
Anybody watching the news from China and the European countries which are weeks ahead of ourselves would know it wouldn't "blow over quickly"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club Place players and Staff on Furlough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.