Private Message
Marinerz93
April 5, 2020, 1:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Thanks for sharing, it's a shame it happens but some kids don't have people stepping in for them and the bullying can be constant for those who don't have someone in their corner. We have all experienced bullying of some kind be it when we were kids or by someone at work.

This was one of the reasons I took up Judo and boxing. I didn't take these up to use to attack anyone who gave me grief but to defend myself as one or two who were giving me and others a bit of grief at the time where taller and I thought stronger. When I did need to defend myself physically I did it in a fast and controlled manner, that shocked my aggressor to the point the look on his face after I put him on his bottom I still remember to this day. He and others never tried it on with me again after that.

My wife works in a school and although for me that was in the early 80's it seems today the kids are more feral so it must be so much tougher for those getting bullied in this day and age especially with social media.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
Rick12
April 7, 2020, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Marinerz93

This was one of the reasons I took up Judo and boxing. I didn't take these up to use to attack anyone who gave me grief but to defend myself as one or two who were giving me and others a bit of grief at the time where taller and I thought stronger. When I did need to defend myself physically I did it in a fast and controlled manner, that shocked my aggressor to the point the look on his face after I put him on his bottom I still remember to this day. He and others never tried it on with me again after that.

My wife works in a school and although for me that was in the early 80's it seems today the kids are more feral so it must be so much tougher for those getting bullied in this day and age especially with social media.
Iam surprised you was ever bullied though as you seem  the tough but kind  type  that noone would mess with 😉

Granted though everyone has weakness  which can give fuel to some to make others feel small etc be it through physical or emotional abuse.Hence it what makes me laugh when you see others bullying others.Someone could find chinks in their armoury and give them a taste of their own medicine.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.