moosey_club
March 25, 2020, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Civvy at last

Don't agree I'm afraid.  Whilst the trying to stay open bit, p1sses me off, I can sort of understand it. But hiking prices, surely no one can justify that.!!

i see what you did there, even if you didnt  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
HertsGTFC
March 25, 2020, 1:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
They don't have to be fully open they can operate a "closed door policy" and triage cycle business at the front of the Store..

I work for an optician and we are mainly open as this means the NHS don't see non essential optics/ophthalmology stuff freeing resource for this crisis. but we only see emergencies which relate to key workers and are not testing eyes or selling glasses.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
golfer
March 25, 2020, 3:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
I -  I
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
mimma
March 25, 2020, 3:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Tim Martin:  plays all his staff off with no pay and tells them "Asda are desperate for shelf stickers if you need money".

Then there's Richard Branson.  Tax exile demandeding a tax bail out for his companies while he sits on his island in the Caribbean.

On the other hand Christiano Ronaldo has given all his hotels over to be used as hospitals and paid for the doctors and nurses to staff them.

Gary Neville has done a similar thing with his hotel in Manchester.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
mimma
March 25, 2020, 3:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from mimma
Tim Martin:  plays all his staff off with no pay and tells them "Asda are desperate for shelf stackers if you need money".

Then there's Richard Branson.  Tax exile demandeding a tax bail out for his companies while he sits on his island in the Caribbean.

On the other hand Christiano Ronaldo has given all his hotels over to be used as hospitals and paid for the doctors and nurses to staff them.

Gary Neville has done a similar thing with his hotel in Manchester.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
ginnywings
March 26, 2020, 9:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
TownSNAFU5
March 26, 2020, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42

GTFC has 2 "very good" mentions in the Mike Cashley article above. In the link to Brighton giving away 1,000 tickets to NHS staff:

Bournemouth chairman Jeff Mostyn has already pledged to match the offer.

And they have been joined by League Two club Grimsby, who will donate 50 tickets to health care professionals per league game next season.

Both Brighton and Bournemouth are also calling on all football fans to join the nation at 20:00 GMT on Thursday in a show of appreciation for NHS staff around the country.

Barber said: "We are working on a range of things across all areas of the community and I hope this will just be the start.

"We fully appreciate football is the last thing on anyone’s minds at this moment, but we feel this is a small way in which we can show our gratitude for those NHS staff on the frontline who are fighting the battle on behalf of all of us and give them something to look forward to."

He has suggested a club-to-club baton approach and has already nominated fellow south-coast club AFC Bournemouth as the next in line.

Cherries chairman Mostyn added: “We are absolutely delighted to match Brighton’s gesture and commit to one thousand tickets, and we will pass the baton to another club with the aim of reaching a significant target so football as a whole can show its appreciation for our country’s NHS workers.”

Earlier this month, Brighton were one of several Premier League clubs who donated hundreds of meals to local homeless charities after fixtures were postponed.

They are also set to launch a telephone campaign to check in on elderly and vulnerable supporters who are self-isolating at home.

Grimsby said that their plan would equate to more than 1,000 tickets over the course of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
buckstown
March 26, 2020, 12:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
I also read that Weatherspoons will not be paying their suppliers until after the pubs have been reopened.
i do hope the great british public are making mental notes about the practises of people like Ashley and Martin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
aldi_01
March 26, 2020, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from buckstown
I also read that Weatherspoons will not be paying their suppliers until after the pubs have been reopened.
i do hope the great british public are making mental notes about the practises of people like Ashley and Martin

I wouldn’t get your hopes up...large swathes of the population love Martin and his boozers and even believe his very odd politics.

This should expose him for being no better or worse than the likes of Ashley and Green who have been constantly scrutinised (and rightly so) but I suspect it won’t...

I suspect we’ll sadly still see plenty of his pubs full at 9:30 on a Tuesday when all this has disappeared...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
KingstonMariner
March 26, 2020, 8:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from buckstown

I’m afraid most people vote with their pockets.

Martin was on the wireless the other week saying pubs should stay open because people could be trusted to be sensible. Yeah right.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sports Direct

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.