moss_side_mariner
March 27, 2020, 9:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

When I read it I pictured the bar owner, was it Jos?, as male private Strawbridge from escape to the chateau.

Ffs. D1ck

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Brazilnut
March 28, 2020, 5:54am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Thats great news Swin , I really enjoyed reading it , do you know how many Copies you have sold and is it split evenly between electronic copies and printed

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Ipswin
March 28, 2020, 11:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Brazilnut
Thats great news Swin , I really enjoyed reading it , do you know how many Copies you have sold and is it split evenly between electronic copies and printed

Electronic copies are far outstripping hard copy as the e-copy was chosen by a website in the USA called BookBub for their weekly promotion two weeks ago. Reviews on Goodreads have gone from 80 to over 200 in 10 days

Apparently we (the publisher and I) get paid on 'page reads' for e-copies. Got my first royalties cheque at Christmas and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully lots of people will buy it to pass the time whilst waiting to get the virus

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Brazilnut
March 31, 2020, 8:23am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Ipswin

Electronic copies are far outstripping hard copy as the e-copy was chosen by a website in the USA called BookBub for their weekly promotion two weeks ago. Reviews on Goodreads have gone from 80 to over 200 in 10 days

Apparently we (the publisher and I) get paid on 'page reads' for e-copies. Got my first royalties cheque at Christmas and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully lots of people will buy it to pass the time whilst waiting to get the virus

Thats brilliant and really pleased for you....do like to see local lads do well......all it needs now is for a caricature in your new book to be named after or have the nicknames of some of our fishy friends lol

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Ipswin
April 1, 2020, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Got a superb 5 star review yesterday from this fella!

http://www.leonardmorpurgo.com/Leonard_Morpurgo/Biography.html

Hollywood here I come (assuming I don't get the flipping virus)  

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 1, 2020, 9:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin
Got a superb 5 star review yesterday from this fella!

http://www.leonardmorpurgo.com/Leonard_Morpurgo/Biography.html

Hollywood here I come (assuming I don't get the flipping virus)  

Sincerest congratulations! Can you only buy it from Amazon (it won’t stop me buying it, I just want to know if that is the best source)?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Ipswin
April 2, 2020, 7:49am
Vodka Drinker

Sincerest congratulations! Can you only buy it from Amazon (it won’t stop me buying it, I just want to know if that is the best source)?

Amazon is best mate, it was in some bookshops (mainly local though) but of course they are all closed now and as they were small independents they haven't got their on line deliveries sorted yet

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › My book

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.