Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Holiday

This thread currently has 4,767 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
April 19, 2020, 10:50am
Guest User
Just had to pay balance for holiday to Benidorm that will probably not happen in July. Had to take a cut in salary since Coronavirus and these robbers still take your money.

Meggies will be rammed this summer, with a big beach and caravan parks plenty of scope for safe social distancing.

Thinking of buying a tent ⛺️ as don’t fancy foreign holidays anymore, any recommendations?
Reply: 20 - 39
grimsby pete
April 19, 2020, 10:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 28195
Just had to pay balance for holiday to Benidorm that will probably not happen in July. Had to take a cut in salary since Coronavirus and these robbers still take your money.

Meggies will be rammed this summer, with a big beach and caravan parks plenty of scope for safe social distancing.

Thinking of buying a tent ⛺️ as don’t fancy foreign holidays anymore, any recommendations?

Why did you pay the balance of you know it will be cancelled.?

There are lots of nice seaside holiday destinations in the U.K. Dorset is very nice and Suffolk has a few as well as Norfolk.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
aldi_01
April 19, 2020, 10:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Although it’s a flawed logic, don’t you have to essentially pay for the whole holiday in order to be able to claim when they likely cancel it?

We’re due to fly to Hawaii in late July, we’ll be waiting until the last minute before making any decisions, assuming flights are taking off we’ll be ok, if they’re grounded then we’ll get a refund. Our AirBnB is refundable deposit so that’s not much of an issue either.

I can imagine it’s a pain in the bottom for those who’ve booked package holidays or done the bit part holidays like booking hotels and flights separate etc.

In all seriousness, the tourist industry across the world will be smashed to bits after this. Although, I’d expect once things begin to start up again prices may be low which could be something to capitalise on.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
grimsby pete
April 19, 2020, 11:04am

Exile
I think once this is all over everybody will want a holiday having been locked up.  Freedom !!!!!!!!!!!!!  😂

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
April 19, 2020, 11:10am
Guest User
That sounds right, if we didn’t pay balance we’d be in breach of contract and lose the deposit. Even though Spain’s Tourist Minister said they won’t be open until September the travel industry still takes your money as the UK side has not been formerly cancelled.

I’d love Dorset, is that the 🦖 coast?
Reply: 24 - 39
grimsby pete
April 19, 2020, 2:55pm

Exile
Quoted from 28195

Yes very nice area.

Sorry did not know you could get deposit back.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
KingstonMariner
April 19, 2020, 3:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 28195
That sounds right, if we didn’t pay balance we’d be in breach of contract and lose the deposit. Even though Spain’s Tourist Minister said they won’t be open until September the travel industry still takes your money as the UK side has not been formerly cancelled.

Dorset is ace. Very varied coastline due to all the different rocks that come out at the coast. Beautiful scenery in land with lots of chocolate box villages. Iron Age hillforts. Monkey World 🐵,  Bovington Tank Museum.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
April 19, 2020, 3:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Dorset is ace. Very varied coastline due to all the different rocks that come out at the coast. Beautiful scenery in land with lots of chocolate box villages. Iron Age hillforts. Monkey World 🐵,  Bovington Tank Museum.

Better keep the tanks quiet 🤫 to the wife but she likes primates
Reply: 27 - 39
Maringer
April 19, 2020, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Went to Dorset a few years back and it was very nice. I was surprised by the variety of landscape as mentioned by Kingston because I'd not been there since I was a kid and didn't remember anything about the county. Stopped in Charmouth which is a nice little place with a couple of pubs and walked up the coast to Golden Cap and back one day. Great views and a lovely walk. Must say, however, I thought Lyme Regis a bit of a dump! Weymouth a craphole as well. Elsewhere, lovely. Just a pity so many of the nice places in England are so fricking far away from Cleethorpes!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
KingstonMariner
April 20, 2020, 4:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The walk up Golden Cap is steep but worth it. I disagree about Lyme. Preferred it to Charmouth. About 30 years since I went to Weymouth and that was in the winter. Swanage has a great beach, town is traditional seaside place. Studland near there has nice little beaches but I hear there is a nudie beach nearby so don’t stray too far! Sandbanks is a nice beach spoiled a bit by jet skis and speedboats a bit further out.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Holiday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.