1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 10, 2020, 8:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Am sure there was a thread in here some time ago, though can’t see it mentioned anywhere but, does anyone else have this or anything similar?

Just been diagnosed with diverticulitis disease and just after info on diets etc (6 week appointment for dietician!)

Thanks in advance

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
March 13, 2020, 12:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,377
Gold Stars: 532
* Crohns! I have it mate, feel free to DM me any questions!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
mariner83
March 13, 2020, 9:18pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
when I was at my worst with Ulcerative colitis I found following a low residue diet helped
https://www.thh.nhs.uk/documents/_Patients/PatientLeaflets/dietetics/Low_Residue_Diet.pdf

But my Nan had diverticulitis and was told to have a high fibre diet 🤷🏻‍♀️
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
carrot top
March 14, 2020, 1:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Many folk develop Diverticular Disease as they get older, particularly those on a western diet.It does not cause symptoms most of the time so people do not realise that they have it. Its a bit like wear and tear on the colon. I have ulcerative colitis and diverticular disease. DD has to date not caused me any problems unlike UC which is nasty when it flares. I'm not on any meds to suppress the immune system at the moment due to UC being very mild so hopefully my immune system should be ok

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 16, 2020, 8:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Cheers folks

Yeah DD has become a nightmare. I was hospitalised for 8 days in October with severe pains (which I still get). The high fibre hasn’t worked for me, it induces severe back pain so am just playing Russian roulette with food at the moment. Though, I will look at that link m83

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
Jarmo.Is.God
March 20, 2020, 8:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I've got Ulcerative Colitis, and actually never really found any particular eating habits change flare ups etc.

But every one is different, and responds to different medication etc.

27 years old, had it for around 8 years now, and still live the normal life for the majority of the time.

More than happy to answer any questions etc!

Take it easy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Mayaman
March 20, 2020, 3:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,399
Gold Stars: 74
I thought diverticulitis was caused by gluten in wheat.  Grains really aren't good for us but hard to give up if you were bought up on cheese sandwiches and beans on toast. Have you tried other bread other than wheat?  Anyway, good luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Brazilnut
April 22, 2020, 9:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Read some where in the last week or so think it may have been daily mail that they have now starting to cure people

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Perkins
June 12, 2020, 11:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Diagnosed with crohns 51 years ago. Had a section of colon removed and had no problems for 35 years till it flared again.. periods of remission over the last 20 years with periods of activity. Eight years ago diagnosed with diverticulitis which is a consequence of Chrohns.

Diet? What works for one person may not work for another, afraid its trial and error. B12 injections every 3 months helps as any bowel disease  ie. Chrohns/UC  means the bowel lining cant absorb B12 which is derived mainly from fruit and vegetables, which is why these items cause unpleasant symptoms.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Krohn’s disease

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.