Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 3 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 379,338 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
January 31, 2021, 4:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Humbercod
Guardian analysis 😂

Here's the full article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/covid19-deaths-pandemic-myths-b1793642.html

Have a read & follow the links,it gives you a greater understanding.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3420 - 3468
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2021, 9:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
100,000 is a staggering number, but as the article above says the average age of covid deaths (dying of or with covid) is 81.

The average age of life expectancy in the UK is...81.

This puts it into some perspective, but I hope to God we never have to go through something like this again and let us look forward to the day when it is officially over.
Private Message
Reply: 3421 - 3468
Sandford1981
February 1, 2021, 12:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 59
100,000 is a staggering number, but as the article above says the average age of covid deaths (dying of or with covid) is 81.

The average age of life expectancy in the UK is...81.

This puts it into some perspective, but I hope to God we never have to go through something like this again and let us look forward to the day when it is officially over.

I’m sure your sentiments will be a real comfort to the families of those who have lost children and relatives prematurely.

I mean why bother with a vaccine? We’re all going to die anyway!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 3422 - 3468
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2021, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I’m sure your sentiments will be a real comfort to the families of those who have lost children and relatives prematurely.

I mean why bother with a vaccine? We’re all going to die anyway!

I doubt they will log in on here, but if they do my heart goes out to each and every one of them.

However, to provide some context it is still the case that the average age of a person dying of covid is 81.

The life expectancy in the UK is 81.
Private Message
Reply: 3423 - 3468
Sandford1981
February 1, 2021, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker

I doubt they will log in on here, but if they do my heart goes out to each and every one of them.

Perhaps you could have a job telling people they’re loved ones have died.

“Im so sorry to have to tell you that your Dad/Mother/Brother/Sister/Husband/Son/Daughter has passed away, but just to give you a bit of perspective the average life expectancy of someone living in this country is 81. I hope this proves a comfort over the coming months of grief!”

For someone who speaks so much sense relating to the footy side of things, you really even it out on this side.

Private Message
Reply: 3424 - 3468
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2021, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Perhaps you could have a job telling people they’re loved ones have died.

“Im so sorry to have to tell you that your Dad/Mother/Brother/Sister/Husband/Son/Daughter has passed away, but just to give you a bit of perspective the average life expectancy of someone living in this country is 81. I hope this proves a comfort over the coming months of grief!”

For someone who speaks so much sense relating to the footy side of things, you really even it out on this side.

Funnily enough, I was only thinking the same. Why don't you Ska and Stadium agree with me, as you all seem fine on the footy site.  

Surely I don't have to prefix any comment I make about covid, with a heartfelt message to the families who have lost a loved one?

I am simply pointing out (in relation to the conversation about the number of deaths) that it is not unusual for many thousands of older people to die of winter viruses, and the fact that the average age is 81 supports the view that this has happened with covid.

Oddly enough I used to work for the local Hospice, so I know quite a bit about death.
Private Message
Reply: 3425 - 3468
Sandford1981
February 1, 2021, 6:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Funnily enough, I was only thinking the same. Why don't you Ska and Stadium agree with me, as you all seem fine on the footy site.  

Surely I don't have to prefix any comment I make about covid, with a heartfelt message to the families who have lost a loved one?

I am simply pointing out (in relation to the conversation about the number of deaths) that it is not unusual for many thousands of older people to die of winter viruses, and the fact that the average age is 81 supports the view that this has happened with covid.

Oddly enough I used to work for the local Hospice, so I know quite a bit about death.

As far as being ok on the footy side-Touché!

No of course you don’t have to prefix any statement about covid with a heartfelt message to the bereaved, It’s just my opinion that you could be less heartless when you are making a minor point about a potentially sensitive subject. But perhaps your experience has numbed you to such considerations or perhaps I’m overly sensitive. Who knows I just found it crass was all.

Private Message
Reply: 3426 - 3468
Stadium
February 14, 2021, 3:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Dopey Dom opens the latest can of worms.

The Foreign Secretary has said the Government is "considering" Covid vaccine passports for both domestic and international travel.

Under this scheme, visits to shops, pubs, restaurants and events could be allowed provided the customer has a document on hand proving they have been fully vaccinated against the virus.

Appearing on LBC's Swarbrick on Sunday, Dominic Raab said the Government "hasn't ruled out" introducing the vaccine passport both within the UK and for overseas travel.

The mechanisms of putting the scheme into place still "needs to be worked out," he added.

Mr Raab said: "It's something that hasn't been ruled out and it's under consideration, but of course you've got to make it workable.

"

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3427 - 3468
DB
February 14, 2021, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Stadium
Dopey Dom opens the latest can of worms.

The Foreign Secretary has said the Government is "considering" Covid vaccine passports for both domestic and international travel.

Under this scheme, visits to shops, pubs, restaurants and events could be allowed provided the customer has a document on hand proving they have been fully vaccinated against the virus.

Appearing on LBC's Swarbrick on Sunday, Dominic Raab said the Government "hasn't ruled out" introducing the vaccine passport both within the UK and for overseas travel.

The mechanisms of putting the scheme into place still "needs to be worked out," he added.

Mr Raab said: "It's something that hasn't been ruled out and it's under consideration, but of course you've got to make it workable.

"

Typical modern day govt., suggest/leak something and wait for reaction. So you're going for your walk and realise you're short of milk as you pass a shop. No passport no milk ! A really silly idea.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3428 - 3468
Manchester Mariner
February 14, 2021, 5:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Was listening to a politics podcast in the week and a journalist said he had asked his 'source within government' about a return of crowds at sporting events. He said that the start of next season and the summer test matches have been earmarked and all that have been vaccinated would be able to attend, maybe reading between the lines but that would suggest to me that some kind of proof of vaccination/vaccine passport set up would be used, if true.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 3429 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.