Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

This thread currently has 24,843 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
February 27, 2020, 12:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 123614

But will he be when Hess is fit again?

Unless Hessenthaler has suddenly learnt how to pass the ball forwards, then I can see him going out in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 181
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2020, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Garth

Strange that an improved Whitehouse is usually first choice in his position when Ollie picks his team??

I wonder if he would have been had we been able to keep Robson.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 181
oochiad
February 27, 2020, 12:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,686
Gold Stars: 27
Whitehouse has been much more effective than Robson in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 181
toontown
February 27, 2020, 12:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from pen penfras

Unless Hessenthaler has suddenly learnt how to pass the ball forwards, then I can see him going out in the summer.

My own thoughts are that Whitehouse has improveddramatically under Ollie. Hess's way of playing may well not suit Ollie's team. He is very slow of thought and cautious playing forward, often resulting in him going backwards. So from being one of our best and most consistent players it wouldn't surprise me if he struggles to regain his place, although not writing him off, he may adapt . Under jolley he looked excellent.

Under jolley whitehouse looked poor though. Just shows how things can change quickly depending on management.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 181
KingstonMariner
February 27, 2020, 2:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

There have been legal precedents set in this area of "conflict of interests", a compulsory purchase order of houses surrounding a proposed expansion of Anfield several years ago springs to mind.
I have read the full statement, as printed in the GET, and nowhere does it mention that he is "stepping away from day to day involvement in the club because of the conflict of interest". He does however say that "Becoming the Deputy Leader for North East Lincolnshire Council has added complications and time constraints". This is not the same as a "conflict of interest" as regards council decision making. In fact because of his high profile as the major GTFC shareholder then any involvement he had in discussions or decisions involving the new ground would immediately be flagged up by the opposition councilors and challenged.

I suggest you read the man’s own words in the transcript of last night’s meeting published in the Grim Tel.

The time constraints thing is an issue that stepping back helps with. But the statement he made about conflicts of interest is a typical Fenty muddled communication.

Plus ça change.....

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 181
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 27, 2020, 6:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from toontown

My own thoughts are that Whitehouse has improveddramatically under Ollie. Hess's way of playing may well not suit Ollie's team. He is very slow of thought and cautious playing forward, often resulting in him going backwards. So from being one of our best and most consistent players it wouldn't surprise me if he struggles to regain his place, although not writing him off, he may adapt . Under jolley he looked excellent.

Under jolley whitehouse looked poor though. Just shows how things can change quickly depending on management.

Think we probably expected too much from Whitehouse after his year long injury and he was maybe not mentally and physically fit until the late Autumn, that said and agreed he has been better I feel it’s still a position we can strengthen. IMO Robson in that role would be an asset as he was really starting to show his true worth in those last few games he was with us.

As for Hess was he playing to instructions ? He always looks a decent player and who knows what he could produce given the more adventurous approach now being played. Midfield is much better but to get in those promotion places next season it will need to improve further still.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 181
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 27, 2020, 6:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Think we probably expected too much from Whitehouse after his year long injury and he was maybe not mentally and physically fit until the late Autumn, that said and agreed he has been better I feel it’s still a position we can strengthen. IMO Robson in that role would be an asset as he was really starting to show his true worth in those last few games he was with us.

As for Hess was he playing to instructions ? He always looks a decent player and who knows what he could produce given the more adventurous approach now being played. Midfield is much better but to get in those promotion places next season it will need to improve further still.

I think you are right about playing to instructions. The whole midfield was so reluctant to get in front of the ball that this must have been a Jolley plan. How many times did we see the ball passed down the line only for it is be passed back and back until possession was lost. Hess was definitely a victim of this policy but he has not had the chance to really show he can be more creative. I’d guess IH will want to see him play a bit before deciding.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 181
Marinerz93
February 27, 2020, 10:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Has anyone mentioned, In the building or fishy 5 in the Fenty bingo

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 181
blundellpork
February 27, 2020, 11:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Consummate the deal?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 181
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2020, 12:47am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93
Has anyone mentioned, In the building or fishy 5 in the Fenty bingo

I had ‘in the building’ but not ‘the Fishy five’

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 181
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.