Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

This thread currently has 24,848 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
February 26, 2020, 3:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Olly spotted in " Snobs of Regent street " purchasing 2piece white tie dress suit for his 1st board meeting -didn't want a hat ,said he'd make do with his usual
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 181
Garth
February 26, 2020, 3:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
No bad words to say regarding JSF, he kept a tight ship when needed and suffered dogs abuse on here regularly.
His choice of managers have been good to poor ala Man United, decisions that IMO that were swayed and influenced too much by one individual on the board namely JSF.
We now hopefully have found another Shankly, McMenemy, Buckley, Kerr etc in Ollie in which JSF played a leading part, for that at least we should award him Brownie points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 181
mimma
February 26, 2020, 3:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
I'd just like to clear up some of the points made on here about conflict of interest  and JF on the council.

When the Great Coates debacle was underway, councillors who were season ticket holders were barred from any discussions or votes about the new stadium. Just going to half the games in a season was enough to be barred.

Therefore just because Fenty has stepped back from the board he will still be barred from anything to do with the planning application in any way. Even discussing it with councillors would be a breach and could leave Fenty in serious trouble in law.

So him stepping back will not affect his influence on anything to do with the planning application.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 181
golfer
February 26, 2020, 4:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Can't see it . Every Arsenal councillor is a season ticket holder
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 181
ska face
February 26, 2020, 4:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from mimma

Therefore just because Fenty has stepped back from the board he will still be barred from anything to do with the planning application in any way. Even discussing it with councillors would be a breach and could leave Fenty in serious trouble in law.

I’m not sure how the Portfolio Holder for Regeneration is going to be removed from everything to do with one of the biggest regeneration schemes the town’s ever seen...
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 181
lew chaterleys lover
February 26, 2020, 4:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from mimma
I'd just like to clear up some of the points made on here about conflict of interest  and JF on the council.

When the Great Coates debacle was underway, councillors who were season ticket holders were barred from any discussions or votes about the new stadium. Just going to half the games in a season was enough to be barred.

So him stepping back will not affect his influence on anything to do with the planning application.

I have never defended Fenty before, but what else can he do? It is what it is; he is the largest shareholder and has a seat on the council and neither of them can be changed overnight.

This is too big for the whole town to allow petty things like this to derail it before it's even begun isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 181
TAGG
February 26, 2020, 4:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Boooo
Who can I blame now??????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 181
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2020, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TAGG
Boooo
Who can I blame now??????

Swin.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 181
KingstonMariner
February 26, 2020, 6:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I have never defended Fenty before, but what else can he do? It is what it is; he is the largest shareholder and has a seat on the council and neither of them can be changed overnight.

This is too big for the whole town to allow petty things like this to derail it before it's even begun isn't it?

It's not petty though is it. Suppose Fenty has a say in a decision affecting the new ground (PP or even public funding), you'll open the doors to challenges along the lines that he would benefit personally. That could then hold up or derail the decision through appeals, referrals to the minister, judicial review or whatever.

Stepping away from the day-to-day running of the club won't make any difference to the fact he is the major shareholder of the club. Whilst he is there is a potentially a conflict of interest. Until that changes the only thing that would avoid it is stepping back from his council role.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 181
ginnywings
February 26, 2020, 6:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Will he now have to buy a season ticket like the rest of us?  

Seriously though, with regards to the budget being set already, i don't think it will be dependent on a certain amount of ST's  being sold. They know we will sell at least 3000 and hopefully more and by bringing in better players, who will be better managed, the match day footfall through the turnstiles will increase if we are at the right end of the table, so it's a bit of speculating to accumulate going on i would think.

Regarding the conflict of interest, maybe there is more going on behind the scenes and JF will eventually be bought out by person or persons unknown at this time.

Anyway, just speculation at this stage. It'll all become clear in time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 181
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.