Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

This thread currently has 24,925 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
February 28, 2020, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,613
Gold Stars: 840
You what?

What other options were there over the last 15 years that wouldn’t have put us in the position we’re in today?
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 181
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 8:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ska face
You what?

What other options were there over the last 15 years that wouldn’t have put us in the position we’re in today?

You tell me..because I've seen nobody offer to take this club on and move it out of the dark ages ..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 181
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2020, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ska face
I’m not sure how many times this needs going over, especially to the same people, but the issue is less about the £600,000 loan from Five Star Fish and more the decisions and behaviour over 15 years that saw the debt increase to £3million and turn us into a Lower league also-ran (plus 6 years in non-league playing the likes of Coalville).

Unfortunately, the answer is far too often. A lot of fans seem to develop a blind spot when the slightest flicker of positivity is on the horizon.
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 181
rancido
February 28, 2020, 8:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Unfortunately, the answer is far too often. A lot of fans seem to develop a blind spot when the slightest flicker of positivity is on the horizon.

.... or offer a credible, practical and realistic alternative to the course that the club (JF) has taken.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 181
ska face
February 28, 2020, 8:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,613
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You tell me..because I've seen nobody offer to take this club on and move it out of the dark ages ..

So the only solution to continuous p1ss poor decisions, constantly falling out with fellow board members, making ludicrous commercial decisions based on personal vendettas - like falling out with much of the local press, digging fans out, and EVERYTHING ELSE...is to sell the club to someone else?

Jesus. It’s starting to become clear how people end up in cults. You’d be living on a commune in Guyana if Fenty told you to. I know it’s Friday night but lay off the kool aid.
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 181
Bigdog
February 28, 2020, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I wonder what impact administration had on suppliers to those clubs, particularly small local ones. I'm no big JF fan but if you're suggesting it would've been better if we'd just gone into administration then I would disagree with that and would hope the fact we've at least paid our debts over the years should be something we can take some pride in.

We haven't paid our debts, we've just moved a smaller amount of debt to another creditor and now owe even more than we did back then and traded down two or three divisions of the football pyramid in the meantime. These are indisputable facts..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 181
Rodley Mariner
February 28, 2020, 8:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Is it really that hard to recognise that JF did right by the club when he stepped in and prevented administration and be grateful for that. But to then also acknowledge that since then the club hasn't been run particularly well and we've had a dismal spell in terms of the football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 181
Rodley Mariner
February 28, 2020, 8:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Bigdog

We haven't paid our debts, we've just moved a smaller amonut of debt to another creditor and now owe even more than we did back then and traded down two or three divisions of the football pyramid in the meantime.  These are indisputable facts..

We have pid our debts to suppliers though. The loans from JF have been and continue to be a millstone but some talk about admimistration like it would been a completely consequence free way of sorting out our finances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 181
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ska face

So the only solution to continuous p1ss poor decisions, constantly falling out with fellow board members, making ludicrous commercial decisions based on personal vendettas - like falling out with much of the local press, digging fans out, and EVERYTHING ELSE...is to sell the club to someone else?

Jesus. It’s starting to become clear how people end up in cults. You’d be living on a commune in Guyana if Fenty told you to. I know it’s Friday night but lay off the kool aid.

Sorry ska but you're so full of hatred for the current regime you have to resort to type.
As I've said, I'm no fan of Fenty and and want the club to be in a better place but it's not.  
I face the reality of the situation we have before us, one I can do f@ck all about, I can't change it, neither can you.
I either sit bemoaning, droning on about how it once was so good or I accept what lies Infront of my eyes...
There comes a time when you have to let go, move on and go with it. If you feel the need to hate the board, JSF, or anyone or wish to that's your right, but I for one hate nobody.
I dislike what's happened to our club under the current incumbents tenure, there's been very little forward thinking but I will not lie that all at ones persons door ..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 181
Bigdog
February 28, 2020, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Is it really that hard to recognise that JF did right by the club when he stepped in and prevented administration and be grateful for that. But to then also acknowledge that since then the club hasn't been run particularly well and we've had a dismal spell in terms of the football?

I really don't know Rodley myself. In principle and at that time I would say yes. But the benefit of hindsight tells me maybe not having watched the football on offer and the off field antics over the past two decades, the ignomy of non-league and the club losing 3m quid for dropping out of the Football League. The right principles, yes, but the wrong captain (and now back seat driver) steering the ship definitely..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 181
19 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.