Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

This thread currently has 24,835 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
February 28, 2020, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner
The vast majority are above us in the League (especially excluding the likes of Salisbury, Weymouth and other non-League clubs, or clubs that only have a shallow Football League history).

So next time someone says “we should be grateful we’re not Bury”, show em that list.

25 out of that list of 63 are non league and some of the league ones have appeared more than once! Hardly definitive proof that administration guarantees a resurgence.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 181
Rodley Mariner
February 28, 2020, 6:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I wonder what impact administration had on suppliers to those clubs, particularly small local ones. I'm no big JF fan but if you're suggesting it would've been better if we'd just gone into administration then I would disagree with that and would hope the fact we've at least paid our debts over the years should be something we can take some pride in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 181
aldi_01
February 28, 2020, 6:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from rancido

25 out of that list of 63 are non league and some of the league ones have appeared more than once! Hardly definitive proof that administration guarantees a resurgence.

But doesn’t suggest you’ll end up dead and buried...we all know the reasons why Chester, Bury and Darlo went bust...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 181
rancido
February 28, 2020, 6:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

But doesn’t suggest you’ll end up dead and buried...we all know the reasons why Chester, Bury and Darlo went bust...

But it doesn't suggest you'll come out smelling of roses either! It's a gamble and not always calculated either.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 181
Meza
February 28, 2020, 6:31pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Well my friend you need to wake up and smell the coffee...the days you yearn for are long gone, the reality of where we are is not all Fentys fault....it's the way world of football and our location, downturn in local industry, the local economy suffering dire consequences and no big yin chucking his money at our club....live you're life in the past, thinking town deserve better because of history, but ultimately the club represents the state of the town. Down on its luck and has been for more years than I care to remember...

its definitely had an affect, and of course didn't help when get relegated into non league.  I always thought the town was twinned with the club in someway, when I started going 88-89 I was growing up into a new era the music was different (Oasis) the was a buzz about the 90's.  Even I've wished we could go back to good days of when I remember town playing well, but I cant only pictures, articles and videos can help me with that and of course my memories.  We do need to start looking forward and not back otherwise it creates negativity.  I've always thought we have some fans that want to go back to the times they can remember success and that they are stuck in their ways as they say, but we are all fans of the same club.  I respect the fans that have been to far more matches than me and seen really old games of Town, quite jealous actually but only because back in the old days the crowds were much bigger, but those days are gone, now its time to rise again.  

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 181
rancido
February 28, 2020, 6:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

OK aldi, it's your decision. You are in JF's position and have full details of the club's financial situation. You are also are a major shareholder in the club. Do you advise administration or loan the club money to avoid that. No cop out because it's someone else's decision - what would you do bearing in mind that the whole future and existence of GTFC is at stake?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 181
jock dock tower
February 28, 2020, 7:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from rancido

Although six (or seven) of those clubs have gone on to play Premiership football.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 181
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 7:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from jock dock tower

Although six (or seven) of those clubs have gone on to play Premiership football.

Sorry jock, I need to be a pedant..it's premier League... premiership is for those north of the border, as you should well know...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 181
ska face
February 28, 2020, 8:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 838
I’m not sure how many times this needs going over, especially to the same people, but the issue is less about the £600,000 loan from Five Star Fish and more the decisions and behaviour over 15 years that saw the debt increase to £3million and turn us into a Lower league also-ran (plus 6 years in non-league playing the likes of Coalville).
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 181
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 8:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ska face
I’m not sure how many times this needs going over, especially to the same people, but the issue is less about the £600,000 loan from Five Star Fish and more the decisions and behaviour over 15 years that saw the debt increase to £3million and turn us into a Lower league also-ran (plus 6 years in non-league playing the likes of Coalville).

And what's the other options we had available to us??...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 181
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club Statement.. Fenty stepping back / down!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.