PoutonStepover
February 26, 2020, 10:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Croxton
Green is not a like for like replacement for Hanson as he is woeful against centre halfs. When playing alongside Hanson, he never reads the flick on, gambles or follows up. He has little heart , guile or USP and still gives away free kicks. Even so, he still got on the pitch before Clarke and Max!
There is an element in our support who shout encouragement to him and badly want him to come good but, with the addition of Tilley, Clarke and Grandin he simply has to take his chances better than he has lately.

I agree with this, I think our fans want him to do well, but he hasn’t been at the races for a long time. His heart is definitely not in it for me. When he first came he was a bit hustle and bustle and did show some good energy, but now he’s not challenging for headers, he doesn’t chase the ball down and his first touch isn’t great. I don’t think he has a place in the formation and tactics we are playing under Holloway, and he has been given his fair chance of opportunities.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 84
nightrider
February 26, 2020, 10:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Abdul19

We've ended up with no choice really (possibly because he was injured when IH came in?). We can't bring anyone in and with Cook, Rose and Cardwell injured he gets a place on the bench by default!

Yes you're right but I'd still have got rid long ago. Not being good enough is one thing. Not being arsed is another.
Wes Thomas who was labelled as being lazy by afew? Would have scored a excrement load alongside Hanson imo. Ran his socks off in difficult circumstances

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 84
NorthseaMariner
February 26, 2020, 10:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11

Because he was a total @rse

You may have hit the nail on the head there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 84
Abdul19
February 26, 2020, 11:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from nightrider

Yes you're right but I'd still have got rid long ago. Not being good enough is one thing. Not being arsed is another.
Wes Thomas who was labelled as being lazy by afew? Would have scored a excrement load alongside Hanson imo. Ran his socks off in difficult circumstances

Don't disagree with any of that. Ideally we'd have got rid in January but he was injured so Holloway probably wanted to see him play before judging.

Re the talksport piece, Lee Peacock is a prime example!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 84
ex-merseymariner
February 26, 2020, 11:12am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9

Because he was a total @rse

Their defender was indicating he was cut, and presumably trying to get Hanson sent off.

The ref, true to form, booked Hanson for something at the opposition's request that he didn't seem to see..... Very poor performance all round from the type of ref who spent lots of time telling off players and stopping the flow of the game grrr

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 84
KingstonMariner
February 26, 2020, 11:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Macca never "saved" the first shot, he pushed it out giving them the chance to score from that.

Of course it’s a save! If he hadn’t got his hands to it it would have been a goal. Therefore it’s a save.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 84
Tommy
February 26, 2020, 11:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Their defender was indicating he was cut, and presumably trying to get Hanson sent off.

The ref, true to form, booked Hanson for something at the opposition's request that he didn't seem to see..... Very poor performance all round from the type of ref who spent lots of time telling off players and stopping the flow of the game grrr

I don't think the ref was going to book Hanson until he saw the guys nose bleeding.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 84
Mayaman
February 26, 2020, 11:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from TheultimateMariner
Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but Green really wasn't showing any enthusiasm whatsoever,

Sulking maybe.  He had been rollocked by IH.  Crap attitude though.  Apparently, he would have started but for being late.  Maybe he was trying to make a point but he didn't realise that the point is IH is the gaffer and he doesn't take any crap. Rightly so.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 84
Mayaman
February 26, 2020, 11:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from PoutonStepover

Short highlights – available with a subscription for both domestic* and international fans from the later of (a) 7pm or (b) 3 hours after the final whistle, and then available free of charge from 1am the day after the game
Extended highlights – available free of charge from 1am the day after the game (all games)
Full match replay – available free of charge from 1am the day after the game (all games)

DOH!! I got up 30 minutes too early. May sound like a spoilt brat but I'm excited about watching Town these days.  Only wish we had longer to go in the season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 84
mariner91
February 26, 2020, 11:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Abdul19

Don't disagree with any of that. Ideally we'd have got rid in January but he was injured so Holloway probably wanted to see him play before judging.

Re the talksport piece, Lee Peacock is a prime example!

Amazing how many of our fans bought in to Peacock’s chest thumping though. Don’t think I ever saw him go for anything that wasn’t at least 70/30 in his favour, stealing a wage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.