9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
February 25, 2020, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 534
ohman & Green were going to start but turned up late and will be fined. Very poor to not be there on time for a matchday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 84
lukeo
February 25, 2020, 10:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Must hhave been a very narrow 433.. I really enjoyed the game but one critic is I felt second half we was very very narrow. Really enjoying watching individual skills. Tilly, Vernam and Clarke are unreal and almost impossible to defend against when they're 'on it'
I paid for ifollow tonight and decided I'll be doing the same again next Tuesday. Ifollow has its good and bad views but a positive is the club get moree money from me since ifollow put on mid week games live.
UtM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 84
LH
February 25, 2020, 10:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
The worst referee I’ve seen this season (from a cast of dozens). Lost the game in the first half, failed to act on their play acting all the way through and gave us barely anything compared to their everything. The handball near the end that the ref and lino missed was particularly comical.

Fair one to the Newport fans who had presumably booked time off work etc to come and watch that particular brand of joyless football. It’s no wonder the attendances are so low in League Two if you have to watch the roly-poly crap every week.

Thought we played some brilliant stuff at times. Very nearly scored a brilliant team goal near the end. The addition of Clarke just before made it more comfortable late on - we were starting to wobble and couldn’t adjust to the personnel change quickly enough.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 84
KingstonMariner
February 25, 2020, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from lukeo
Must hhave been a very narrow 433.. I really enjoyed the game but one critic is I felt second half we was very very narrow. Really enjoying watching individual skills. Tilly, Vernam and Clarke are unreal and almost impossible to defend against when they're 'on it'
I paid for ifollow tonight and decided I'll be doing the same again next Tuesday. Ifollow has its good and bad views but a positive is the club get moree money from me since ifollow put on mid week games live.
UtM

For those of us who won't go anyway watching the midweek games on iFollow is a good way of getting a bit more money to the club and enjoy the game. Hope it doesn't put home based people off going though.

Agree on the skills as well. Tilley is a great prospect. Entertaining to watch, with what so far looks like more end product than Sneaky Tenbellies had when he was with us, before Nunty sold him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 84
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2020, 10:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
On another note, still concerned about our keeper who could have done better with both goals tonight.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 84
ginnywings
February 25, 2020, 10:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,115
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters
On another note, still concerned about our keeper who could have done better with both goals tonight.

Their keeper was just as culpable and didn't look too safe. Did exactly the same as Macca for our first and threw it back in the mixer. Suppose that's what you get in League 2.

Maybe Olly can bring in a young up and comer  ala Henderson on a season long loan?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 84
Theimperialcoroner
February 25, 2020, 10:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,188
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As could the defence!

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 84
grimsby pete
February 25, 2020, 11:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner

For those of us who won't go anyway watching the midweek games on iFollow is a good way of getting a bit more money to the club and enjoy the game. Hope it doesn't put home based people off going though.

Agree on the skills as well. Tilley is a great prospect. Entertaining to watch, with what so far looks like more end product than Sneaky Tenbellies had when he was with us, before Nunty sold him.

There are a lot of us exiles KM so all the £8 add up,

I am enjoying the football so much more since Ollie arrived.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 84
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2020, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

Their keeper was just as culpable and didn't look too safe. Did exactly the same as Macca for our first and threw it back in the mixer. Suppose that's what you get in League 2.

Maybe Olly can bring in a young up and comer  ala Henderson on a season long loan?

Take your point Ginny but I’m not bothered about their keeper, I’m concerned about whether ours is as good as we need to get promoted.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 84
KingstonMariner
February 25, 2020, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

There are a lot of us exiles KM so all the £8 add up,

I am enjoying the football so much more since Ollie arrived.

I bet your missus is too. All that excitement in the bedroom.    

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.