10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
PaceyMariner
February 23, 2020, 12:20am
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
Fair enough response MarinerWY, and yeah you are right I haven’t seen anyone suggest we get rid of Mr Holloway.

However, I get sick of the typical knee jerk reactions when Town lose. If we had won today, I very much doubt much would have been made of IH comment JT today. He’s maybe just frustrated.

I have been watching Town for 30 years and have seen many false dawns and managers full of promises. We finally have a manager who we can believe in and has worked minor miracles in the short time he has been here, yet some on here would rather focus on a frustrated, off the cuff remark instead. I just don’t get it.

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 90
Mayaman
February 23, 2020, 12:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
It's not a great questions is it?  We had a bad day at the office against the best side in the league (according to the stats).  Under MJ we all complained about him chopping and changing the team and I am sure JT was with us on that one. Still ,  no need to be rude.  IH doesn't look as happy of late.  I can't remember which interview but in a recent one, he looked bored and distant.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 90
Rik e B
February 23, 2020, 1:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
'the honeymoon is over', 'showing his true colours' give over, we just lost, he upset emotions still raw, he has anger issues which he's admitted. We all have little issues. We move on.

The harbingers of doom just can't wait to get their claws into something, any little thing... Poor sods feeding on scraps 🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 90
tarka
February 23, 2020, 1:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +891
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Rik e B
'the honeymoon is over', 'showing his true colours' give over, we just lost, he upset emotions still raw, he has anger issues which he's admitted. We all have little issues. We move on.

The harbingers of doom just can't wait to get their claws into something, any little thing... Poor sods feeding on scraps 🙄

All I said was it was rude and uncalled for! That doesn't mean I think he's a bad manager, nor that I'm a harbinger of doom feeding on scraps. I just think he could have shown a little more courtesy to a local reporter who was asking a perfectly reasonable (if predictable) question.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 90
golfer
February 23, 2020, 7:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
I think everyone, manager and fans alike were pist off straight after the match - I was. Now that he has calmed down I am sure that he would give the same answer but in a politer way if he was asked this morning. Yes, they were effing shite at the start of the second half, most likely suprised by the effects the wind had and heads did drop but nobody tried to hide. He was as disappointed as us but these things happen . " A new morning has come "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 90
Fishy clapper
February 23, 2020, 8:36am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from golfer
I think everyone, manager and fans alike were pist off straight after the match - I was. Now that he has calmed down I am sure that he would give the same answer but in a politer way if he was asked this morning. Yes, they were effing shite at the start of the second half, most likely suprised by the effects the wind had and heads did drop but nobody tried to hide. He was as disappointed as us but these things happen . " A new morning has come "

Your poor dog
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 90
lew chaterleys lover
February 23, 2020, 8:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Underneath the fantastic PR,the quotes the laughter and media appearances is a manager with a fierce will to win. That is part of the package and he obviously will be annoyed at the manner of the goals conceded.  That anger spilled over straight after the game - similar to a lot of posts on here!

I am sure Ollie will be the first to apologise to JT if he overstepped the mark.

Holloway is the best thing to have happened to this club for donkeys years and luckily a few wild social media comments about a post match interview wont have an effect, but I do find it difficult to understand why some people jump on it when you think of all the good he has done and the exciting times ahead.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 90
aldi_01
February 23, 2020, 10:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Would be interesting to see the response to this overreaction from Holloway if he was an inexperienced manager like Bignot or Jolley for instance.

Interviewing managers is always suspect and to be honest, pre or post game I don’t generally listen to them. If they’re not full of cliches and sound bites they’re evasive or not that informative, in Holloway’s case they usually include some random analogy or some snippet of comedy.

Each to their own I guess but it’s just something I’ve never bothered with. Perhaps Tondeur was having an off day like the manager and the team, hence the simplicity of the questions?

Whilst many missed the sarcasm in many a post in this thread, the difference between Holloway and the last manager, I think this response was borne of frustration and a realisation that there’s still a lot of work to be done. Jolley’s response was from a man under pressure with no ideas left...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 90
Ipswin
February 23, 2020, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mayaman

I can't remember which interview but in a recent one, he looked bored and distant.

I think his initial over the top enthusiasm has been swapped for realisation of what exactly he's taken on, The honeymoon may well be over and maybe not a bad thing either. Less public stuff more football managing

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 90
aldi_01
February 23, 2020, 10:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Ipswin

I think his initial over the top enthusiasm has been swapped for realisation of what exactly he's taken on, The honeymoon may well be over and maybe not a bad thing either. Less public stuff more football managing

I Think to some extent, the article shared on here last week from The Athletic says as much. You can certainly tell the folk that didn’t read it. Holloway admits himself in a roundabout way that it’s not just about him or singing his name and being out there but actually about improving a football club.

The putting down of fans cynical to the optimism or merely questioning things is concerning because that constant blind approach is what the club have down for years and it doesn’t help...

The general consensus near me at BP was that folk wanted more concentration on the team. No doubt we can utilise Holloway’s approach and attitude to raise our profile but ultimately I think the responses towards JT do show a man frustrated and a man who recognised there is a big piece of work on...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.