February 21, 2020, 7:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There’s not the same risk of ending up chained to a radiator either

Yep, there's no need for radiators in Beirut!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
oochiad
February 21, 2020, 7:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
How many do you think will be going? I can’t make my mind up, 4 hour drive for me and my sensible head is saying no and my heart is saying yes! UTMM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Northbank Mariner
February 21, 2020, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from oochiad
How many do you think will be going? I can’t make my mind up, 4 hour drive for me and my sensible head is saying no and my heart is saying yes! UTMM!!

It's a 350 mile round trip for me, taking my boy and first time I've done Swindon, spoke to our ticket office today and apparently there's plenty of tickets left, so on that basis, I would say 450-500 would be a decent turn out..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
TownSNAFU5
February 21, 2020, 7:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Talking of being chained to a radiator - reminded me of a great non-footy story.  Every man of a certain age will remember.

It was in the 1970s, or early 1980s.  In this country, Devon from a distant memory.

A young attractive American woman, (McKinley?)  of Mormon religion, chained a man/ boyfriend to her radiator. This went on for a long time.   Purely for the purpose of having frequent sex with him. He was not so keen.  (Why being chained up was necessary is lost in the midst of time).  😁😃

A very big and juicy trial in its day.  About par for the course now.  Think that she got found guilty but only remember the salacious details.  Have had a higher regard for female Mormon’s ever since.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
oochiad
February 21, 2020, 7:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
I imagine it will be a very entertaining game with both teams playing decent attacking football, very tempting......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
Teesknees
February 21, 2020, 7:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Talking of being chained to a radiator - reminded me of a great non-footy story.  Every man of a certain age will remember.

It was in the 1970s, or early 1980s.  In this country, Devon from a distant memory.

A young attractive American woman, (McKinley?)  of Mormon religion, chained a man/ boyfriend to her radiator. This went on for a long time.   Purely for the purpose of having frequent sex with him. He was not so keen.  (Why being chained up was necessary is lost in the midst of time).  😁😃

A very big and juicy trial in its day.  About par for the course now.  Think that she got found guilty but only remember the salacious details.  Have had a higher regard for female Mormon’s ever since.

Joyce McKinney rings a bell? Can't remember why it was front page news! Kinky news must have been front page news then!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
sydney
February 21, 2020, 8:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
Come on Town beat these
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
Croxton
February 21, 2020, 8:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Made it to my hotel. Sat nav avoided magic roundabout! Beware scammers at Leicester Forest services. Irish fella begging for cash to help him buy fuel to ' get my wife and kids back to Ireland' as his credit card had stopped working. He had me going at first but my mendacity asserted itself in time. He stormed off, railing at my 'interrogation'. Smelt a rat when he said he could take my details and send my money from Ireland. Seems it's a variation on an old service area scam.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
forza ivano
February 21, 2020, 9:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Never been to Swindon so IL see if I can get lost on it tomorrow. Having said that it can't be any worse than driving in Beirut last summer.

Beirut is great fun. Porsche s.u.v. In 1 lane overloaded 1970s Mercedes   in the next and shepherd with his flock in the other. You use your horn to navigate your way through. Learning Lebanese checkpoint etiquette was a godsend when we drove from Phalangist Bsharri over the snow covered mountains to the Bekaa valley. Great holiday.absolutely loved the place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
Heisenberg
February 21, 2020, 9:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,816
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Croxton
Made it to my hotel. Sat nav avoided magic roundabout! Beware scammers at Leicester Forest services. Irish fella begging for cash to help him buy fuel to ' get my wife and kids back to Ireland' as his credit card had stopped working. He had me going at first but my mendacity asserted itself in time. He stormed off, railing at my 'interrogation'. Smelt a rat when he said he could take my details and send my money from Ireland. Seems it's a variation on an old service area scam.

That happened to me at the same place about 2 months ago! I didn’t feel at all bad telling him I couldn’t fill his tank up because my company pays and I’d get in trouble - not quite true, but his reaction reaffirmed my deep distrust of him. Glad you weren’t suckered in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.