aldi_01
February 20, 2020, 2:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
4-0 defeat incoming...

We’d settle for a point now but really can’t see us getting anything, even with improved performances.

We’ve still got a poor 45 minutes in us, as seen at Bradford and you’d expect someone like Swindon to punish us for that, unlike Bradford, who were equally as bobbins...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
quebec38
February 20, 2020, 2:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
We did nothing against you that day. Probably in part due to the rut we’d found ourselves in combined with a lack of quality, but I’d say more because your of your outstanding side in comparison. Grant and Doughty bossed the game, they are top class for this division.

I think we can give you a good game on Saturday now though. We are a completely different side these days with a new mindset, and we have Vernam, showing form worthy of a league above ours. If you beat us I’d be surprised if it’s by more than 1 goal.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
RonMariner
February 20, 2020, 2:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,666
Gold Stars: 226
I would be happy with a draw. We have already had a couple of notable away wins (Exeter and Colchester) and its unlikely we can keep on pulling this results off against top sides on their own patch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
Mayaman
February 20, 2020, 3:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Holloway said he isn't afraid of losing and I think that's the way any team should play. If you fear losing you end up parking the bus and it often doesn't work.  Let's hope we give you lot a run for your money and it's an entertaining game. A point would be good but another Vernam hat-trick would be better.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
Croxton
February 20, 2020, 9:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
I have booked a budget hotel in Swindon on Friday night based on not wanting to drive 350 miles in a day so less post match travel stress I hope. First visit to STFC and looking forward to a competitive game with further integration of our new signings. A point will be a bonus.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 20, 2020, 9:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Gutted to miss this one as quite like Swindon as a town. One of the best curry houses I've been to (the biplob!) and some great pubs to boot.

And also helps that I've never Seen town lose there either. First time I went was a 3-3 draw with a somewhat cracking free kick from galli I seem to recall.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
STFCIan
February 20, 2020, 10:17pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +110
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Gutted to miss this one as quite like Swindon as a town. One of the best curry houses I've been to (the biplob!) and some great pubs to boot.

And also helps that I've never Seen town lose there either. First time I went was a 3-3 draw with a somewhat cracking free kick from galli I seem to recall.

The biplob is absolutely fantastic. Haven’t been in a while, but fond memories - although I normally regret it on the toilet the day after.
Ian.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2020, 11:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Les Brechin
Colchester have done the double over Swindon already this season winning 3-0 at Swindon and 3-1 at home, they also beat them 3-0 in the EFL Cup, so we're nailed on for a win obviously.

We all know that's how football works don't we.  

Conkers Rules?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
Les Brechin
February 21, 2020, 7:11am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,702
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Croxton
I have booked a budget hotel in Swindon on Friday night based on not wanting to drive 350 miles in a day so less post match travel stress I hope. First visit to STFC and looking forward to a competitive game with further integration of our new signings. A point will be a bonus.

Watch out for The Magic Roundabout!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
KingstonMariner
February 21, 2020, 8:42am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Les Brechin

Watch out for The Magic Roundabout!  

Confuses the hell out of my satnav 😄

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday’s game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.