This thread currently has 7,655 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
STFCIan
February 20, 2020, 11:44am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +110
Hello all Mariners,
I am glad to see Ian Holloway is steering you up the table, and look forward to what should be a very entertaining game on Saturday. I was just looking to see how you are all feeling ahead of the game.

Personally felt we didn’t see the best of you in our meeting back in December and I anticipate more of a fight from your lot this time around.

Ian.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
February 20, 2020, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
To be honest, looking forward to this game. Appears both teams want to play "football" the right so expecting an entertaining game.
Can't see you ripping us a new ar$ehole like you did at BP...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
February 20, 2020, 12:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from STFCIan
Hello all Mariners,
I am glad to see Ian Holloway is steering you up the table, and look forward to what should be a very entertaining game on Saturday. I was just looking to see how you are all feeling ahead of the game.

Personally felt we didn’t see the best of you in our meeting back in December and I anticipate more of a fight from your lot this time around.

Ian.

Any Swindon fan coming to BP that day would have seen a club in almost terminal decline after nearly two decades of failure. On and off the pitch it was dire. Previous manager Jolley* had lost the plot, and was on the way to being sacked, and the players were square pegs in round holes and had a very defensive mindset. We were lucky if we ever got into the opposition box.

The team and the town has been energised by Holloway's arrival; he has made some astute signings and got our existing players believing in his way of playing the game and playing more to their potential. As a result we are much more attack minded, scoring more goals and look a decent team going forward.

You will rightly be firm favourites, but we should put up a much better show this time around. You will know we won at Colchester recently with three goals, one of which was a team goal involving 10 players from our box to theirs, and a wonder individual goal.

We are in much better shape, but as always may the best team win.

* Sorry - Jolley had already been sacked by then but his legacy lived on!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
mariner83
February 20, 2020, 12:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted Text
Jolley had lost the plot, and was on the way to being sacked

He'd gone by then hadn't he.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
STFCIan
February 20, 2020, 12:13pm
Coke Drinker

Any Swindon fan coming to BP that day would have seen a club in almost terminal decline after nearly two decades of failure. On and off the pitch it was dire. Previous manager Jolley had lost the plot, and was on the way to being sacked, and the players were square pegs in round holes and had a very defensive mindset. We were lucky if we ever got into the opposition box.

The team and the town has been energised by Holloway's arrival; he has made some astute signings and got our existing players believing in his way of playing the game and playing more to their potential. As a result we are much more attack minded, scoring more goals and look a decent team going forward.

You will rightly be firm favourites, but we should put up a much better show this time around. You will know we won at Colchester recently with three goals, one of which was a team goal involving 10 players from our box to theirs, and a wonder individual goal.

We are in much better shape, but as always may the best team win.

Dear Mariner,
Yes, you were in turmoil at the time so it’s understandable. I saw the goals against Colchester and was very impressed. My son has recently purchased the special Charles Vernam player on FIFA (I must admit I have no clue what it is) and have seen he’s in good form. Colchester have swept us aside three times this season (9-1 on aggregate) so I was very impressed with the win.
Ian
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
February 20, 2020, 12:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from mariner83

He'd gone by then hadn't he.

Of course he had - thanks. I will amend it!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
WesternMariner
February 20, 2020, 12:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +880
Gold Stars: 34
There’s a special Charles Vernam player on FIFA? We really are finally on the map!

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
Les Brechin
February 20, 2020, 12:51pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Colchester have done the double over Swindon already this season winning 3-0 at Swindon and 3-1 at home, they also beat them 3-0 in the EFL Cup, so we're nailed on for a win obviously.

We all know that's how football works don't we.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
grimsby pete
February 20, 2020, 1:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I think both teams will be happy with a draw,

It wont be a boring 0-0 draw  but an entertaining 1-1 or 2-2.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
STFCIan
February 20, 2020, 2:22pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think both teams will be happy with a draw,

It wont be a boring 0-0 draw  but an entertaining 1-1 or 2-2.

Personally think we’d be a little annoyed with a draw due to our home form - not lost since September in the league at home - but a draw wouldn’t surprise me with the form you are in. Holloway looks to have completely turned it around.
Ian.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday’s game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.