February 19, 2020, 8:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,338
Gold Stars: 820
From the website -

https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/fans-forum-wednesday-26th-february/

” We will be holding a fans forum next Wednesday 26th February in the Trust Bar starting at 7.30pm. This will give fans the chance to be consulted on the plans for relocation, next season, feedback from recent EFL meeting and indeed any other topic they wish to raise. Board members present will be Philip Day, John Fenty and Dave Roberts plus  chief executive Ian Fleming. As well as questions all ideas to capatilise on the current momentum will be very welcome.

We appreciate this is relatively short notice but following a meeting this morning we agreed we should do this sooner rather than later and holidays and other commitments would have meant waiting a further 3 or 4 weeks which we felt was too long.

If you are unable to attend please send any questions or ideas to enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk.

Entry is free and is open to all.

Private Message
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 19, 2020, 9:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
Open to non trust members?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 70
Bigdog
February 20, 2020, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Hoping the questions will be mainly about the new stadium plans, like how quickly the club can get together a funding framework, how the club are going to make BP a more accessible place re ticketing system and a better place to watch football in the meantime in order to increase matchday income and season ticket sales to bolster IH's playing budget..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 70
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 20, 2020, 12:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
Hopefully due to the fact this is taking place there is some progress to report

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 70
Bigdog
February 20, 2020, 3:39pm
Whiskey Drinker

If there isn't anything to report then the one week's notice (urgent?) timing of the Forum signals it being nothing more of a tick box exercise whereby the board and the Trust are cynically using the current wave of optimism brought by IH to give themselves a pat on the back.

Hoping there's more to it, but feel it could be a bit of a damp squib..

"Everyone seems happy.. let's get a Fan's Forum out of the way. and pick up some brownie points". I hope this isn't the case, because despite IH and onfield progress, there's still a lot of unanswered questions and work for the club to do off the pitch..One bust up between IH and JF..and where would that leave us? Exactly where we've always been..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
February 20, 2020, 4:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231

I hope so but would be very surprised to hear about anything more explicit than warm words.

It really has gone on long enough and in some ways is becoming more of a drag on the club than a plus point.

Is it really just a pipe dream or can anybody show any actual proof it could happen within 5 years?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 70
barralad
February 20, 2020, 4:27pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Bigdog

If there isn't anything to report then the one week's notice (urgent?) timing of the Forum signals it being nothing more of a tick box exercise whereby the board and the Trust are cynically using the current wave of optimism brought by IH to give themselves a pat on the back.

Hoping there's more to it, but feel it could be a bit of a damp squib..

"Everyone seems happy.. let's get a Fan's Forum out of the way. and pick up some brownie points". I hope this isn't the case, because despite IH and onfield progress, there's still a lot of unanswered questions and work for the club to do off the pitch..One bust up between IH and JF..and where would that leave us? Exactly where we've always been..

I haven't been involved in this but am really struggling to understand your apparent assertion that this has somehow been engineered to give the Trust and club "a pat on the back".  Trust Board members are inundated with requests for news on the new stadium. What better way to try to deal with it than a forum with the people who can provide stuff of value to the discussion.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 70
Bigdog
February 20, 2020, 4:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I haven't been involved in this but am really struggling to understand your apparent assertion that this has somehow been engineered to give the Trust and club "a pat on the back".  Trust Board members are inundated with requests for news on the new stadium. What better way to try to deal with it than a forum with the people who can provide stuff of value to the discussion.

Hi Barra. Hope you're on the mend. Definitely not an assertion mate as I clearly said I was hoping it wasn't the case. But I've been a Town fan far too long to not be even a litlle bit cynical. Looking forward to being informed on the progress of the new stadium then..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 70
barralad
February 20, 2020, 4:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Bigdog

Hi Barra. Hope you're on the mend. Definitely not an assertion mate as I clearly said I was hoping it wasn't the case. But I've been a Town fan far too long to not be even a litlle bit cynical. Looking forward to being informed on the progress of the new stadium then..

Yeah sorry...bit of an over-reaction! Genuinely think it could be the thing to focus understanding on where we are now.
Both the Trust and GTFC are going to have to battle on without me for a good while I'm afraid.  Thsee injuries are going to take some time to recover from...cheers for asking mate. (On the grounds that since I last attended the season has taken off I can see J.F. paying me to stay away)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 70
The Yard Dog
February 21, 2020, 11:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from barralad

Yeah sorry...bit of an over-reaction! Genuinely think it could be the thing to focus understanding on where we are now.
Both the Trust and GTFC are going to have to battle on without me for a good while I'm afraid.  Thsee injuries are going to take some time to recover from...cheers for asking mate. (On the grounds that since I last attended the season has taken off I can see J.F. paying me to stay away)

Good to hear from you, the important thing is you take the tme to recovery properly, GTFC will still be here, when you are well enough to return.
Slow progress is good progress, just like GTFC, small steps to big improvements, further down the line.
look after yourselve.

UTMM

Mark
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 70
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Forum - Weds 26th

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.