Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exiles night (pre "Carlisle match) is on!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 397 Guests

Exiles night (pre "Carlisle match) is on!

This thread currently has 3,683 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
February 16, 2020, 10:04am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Have a look on Mariners Trust page. Perhaps someone can provide the link please? Just £5 to meet ian Holloway on the Friday night before the home game v Carlisle on 14 March.Just ordering my tickets now.Well done the Trust  the club and Mr Holloway.hope it's well attended
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
February 16, 2020, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
i am sure there must be a reason for the entry fee but it just seems a little bit of a slap in the face to me rather than an appreciation of the effort exiles generally make to get to BP.
In reality it means coming up a day earlier, an overnight stop which could be a potential added expense , then the £5 entry (ok effectively a couple of quid after you deduct a free pint).

For a club trying to build relationships then even a token entry fee seems a little unproductive to me on this occassion.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
HertsGTFC
February 16, 2020, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Because of Friday being a busy day at work I’m not 100% sure I’ll make it, though ill make the game.

As an exiled STH who makes all Saturday and most  Tuesday games I’m not bothered about £5 if it gives the Trust some cash to do some stuff for the greater good.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
forza ivano
February 16, 2020, 8:31pm

Exile
Quoted from moosey_club
i am sure there must be a reason for the entry fee but it just seems a little bit of a slap in the face to me rather than an appreciation of the effort exiles generally make to get to BP.
In reality it means coming up a day earlier, an overnight stop which could be a potential added expense , then the £5 entry (ok effectively a couple of quid after you deduct a free pint).

For a club trying to build relationships then even a token entry fee seems a little unproductive to me on this occassion.

Tbh moosey I think it's an absolute steal.wouldve paid €10 or £15 especially if they'd offered fish n chips.really looking forward to it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
Alfie
February 16, 2020, 9:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from moosey_club

It includes a drink and proceeds go to the Youth Development Fund!!

Are you offering to turn the lights on and serve drinks for nowt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
moosey_club
February 16, 2020, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano

Tbh moosey I think it's an absolute steal.wouldve paid €10 or £15 especially if they'd offered fish n chips.really looking forward to it

fck me the value of the pound has dropped since we left  

Thats kind of my point though, at £5 including a drink then they arent exactly going to be making a mint, £1:50/£2:00 per person... so to make it free you wouldnt actually be losing alot of income but you would be gaining an awful lot of decent PR.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
KingstonMariner
February 17, 2020, 12:09am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
To be honest the entry fee wouldn’t be the concern. Of all the costs associated with a weekend up to see the football a fiver isn’t going to tip the balance or pissme off.

Saturday evening would have been nicer as there’d be no need to take time off work, but I can see why they’d plump for Friday.

It’s good that the Trust have organised it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
forza ivano
February 17, 2020, 7:54am

Exile
Hope they've got a bucket so we can chuck a donation in to aid the cause.
Quite fitting actually as Its a Grim Exile , the old exiles association \ newsletter always sponsored the youth team in the Ian Knight days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Todmorden Mariner
February 17, 2020, 8:52am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +72
Tickets bought looking forward to it UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
forza ivano
February 17, 2020, 11:31am

Exile
ticket purchased, now just need to arrange the spare bedroom at mum's!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exiles night (pre "Carlisle match) is on!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.