Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don’t want the fairytale to end.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 212 Guests

Don’t want the fairytale to end.....

This thread currently has 3,525 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
February 16, 2020, 6:49am
Guest User
Everything that Ollie has done so far has been nothing short of remarkable. The players he’s signed, the positivity and passion he’s brought, the style and identity that we are forming too.

He has swept the town off it’s feet since his arrival and I really hope that it continues with the same momentum. I hope this doesn’t change, once he’s started attending the Board meetings with Squeaky!!

One thing I did pick up on today, which was an absence of the normal, was that he shook hands with the opposition management team and headed straight down the tunnel. Very unusual for him.

Long may his presence continue, he’s brought the feel good factor well and truly back!! What an inspirational fella!!

UTMM
Marinerz93
February 16, 2020, 10:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think he likes the passion here and with his determination and spirit, he is here for the long haul which is the vibe he is giving off.

Let's get the new ground  built and see how far he can take us, we needed someone to believe in, along comes Ollie, we need a new ground, Freeman Street is in the heart of the Town history, come Fenty you can do it.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
NorthseaMariner
February 16, 2020, 10:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
I’m still surprised how few were there yesterday. I know the weather must have had some influence, and it takes time for lapsed supporters to return, but still surprised.
If we carry on playing like this, we must be getting sellouts very soon surely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
Garth
February 16, 2020, 10:29am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Made a quick exit because his wife was in the stands I suppose, that would seem to be a normal thing to do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
ska face
February 16, 2020, 10:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
I’m still surprised how few were there yesterday. I know the weather must have had some influence, and it takes time for lapsed supporters to return, but still surprised.
If we carry on playing like this, we must be getting sellouts very soon surely.

When was the last time we had a sell out for any match? Don’t even think the PO semis in the conference were sold out.

If we had been playing a team with anything close to a standard away following you’d be looking at 5k which isn’t bad given the conditions.

Still surprised how bad away attendances are in this league, absolutely pathetic on the whole. How many times have we had over 500?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
NorthseaMariner
February 16, 2020, 10:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Sorry, I am referring to home sellouts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Mayaman
February 16, 2020, 10:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
He lacked his usually energy in the post match interview.  Maybe he's under the weather.  After all, he's only human, isn't he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Mallyner
February 16, 2020, 10:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Garth
Made a quick exit because his wife was in the stands I suppose, that would seem to be a normal thing to do

He'd promised Kim he would take her to look around a charity shop, before it shut.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
TownSNAFU5
February 16, 2020, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I wish that we were playing Chelsea next week with this team and our new attacking-style.  With Robson as well.  With Ollie we would give a much better account of ourselves.   There would be respect for Chelsea but little or no fear.  We would take the game to the when we could.

This is how far we how come in such a short time.  I have to pinch myself to see the quality of new players brought in.  And the improvement in the existing players.  Not sure how Ollie and the team have achieved this.

Bring on next season!  We have hope and excitement again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
fishboyUTM
February 16, 2020, 1:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Love the bloke, he's a breath of fresh air after the last couple of inept managers we've had at the club. I bet it's great to play under him if you're the sort of lad that wants to give his all. We've improved beyond recognition, the lads he's brought in have improved the first eleven, we have a proper gameplan and we are playing incisive attacking football. But, sorry there is a but we haven't achieved anything yet. I'm confident Ollie will do wonders at the club but let's save the 'fairytail' stuff until we are in League One at least! Until then, give him and the team our full support, do our bit and I'm confident we have a real future and our twenty years of hell will be at an end. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don’t want the fairytale to end.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.