7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
February 15, 2020, 8:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
Thanks for that Mighty. Hopefully it all will be shown on the highlights. Still cannot believe anyone would intentionally do a back pass like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
tanga_the_indestructible
February 15, 2020, 8:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from friskneymariner
Who did John Tondeur say was sitting with Fenty,ex Southend Striker?

I heard what sounded like Hugh Garden but I Googled it got a lot of streets in UK rather than a footballer 😳
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
Maringer
February 15, 2020, 8:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I think that Waterfall got a bobble. His passing had been otherwise good so I'm sure he didn't intend to chip the ball up like that. A bit soft, but there you go, it didn't matter. Just as long as we don't miss out on the play-offs through goal difference!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
tanga_the_indestructible
February 15, 2020, 8:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from friskneymariner
Who did John Tondeur say was sitting with Fenty,ex Southend Striker?

I had a look at their squad and there’s a Lewis Gard 🤷‍♂️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
Grantham_Mariner
February 15, 2020, 8:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Mr Kettle had a good game and NO CARDS, surprise surprise  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
barrattstandman
February 15, 2020, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
There was a young lad maybe 18 years old Sat behind me with a Welling tracksuit top on . Maybe a trialling?. He was a long way from home  just to take in a football match .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
Poojah
February 15, 2020, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Numanoid

Are you sure he didn't say that fenty was sat with huge harden cos that's what I thought he said lol

That’s what sexy football does for you...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
HertsGTFC
February 15, 2020, 9:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from It Bites

63   Therein lies the problem with direct promotion to the EFL

Explain to us all how you get indirect promotion ?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
Tommy
February 15, 2020, 9:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
The difference in the football being served up at BP from earlier in the season to now is quite astounding.

We had 67% possession today. I don't think I've ever seen Town sides have that much possession. It's been coming though, I think we've been having the greater share of possession in most games in recent weeks. I know possession isn't everything and doesn't mean much if you don't put the ball in the net, but it gives you a chance, and it's sure as hell better to watch.

Today was all about patience in my opinion. And the patience of our lads won the game. We try to play and move the opposition around. We try to build from the back into midfield, and if we can't get further forward than that we'll come back and start at the back again. People are moving off the ball, not penned into their rigid little area they've been told to be in anymore, and players are confident enough to pass and receive the ball under pressure.

Morecambe had some early efforts at our goal but the longer the game wore on, they were happy sitting in protecting their clean sheet. The second half in particular saw us step up the pressure and build momentum. We were starting to get Vernam on the ball a bit more, and Clarke showed some absolutely impeccable touches. The change getting Green on helped get the breakthrough, not so much because of his performance but just due to the extra man up there which reduced the number of spare bodies they had back there defending.

But the key for me, as I said, was our patience. It's easy to start to panic and, through a sense of urgency as time ticks away, start to go more direct and be less composed. But despite time ticking away in that second half, our team stuck to the playing philosophy that Holloway is building. They still passed the ball, and they tried to work openings rather than forcing things forward. This, deservedly, won us the game I thought.

Possession: 67% to their 33%.
Shots: 21 to their 9.
Shots on target: 7 to their 3.

Really enjoying watching this Town team. Already can't wait for the next game. Not only that, I'm excited for what Holloway could have us playing like next season, after having this impact mid-season within a matter of weeks.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
Northbank Mariner
February 15, 2020, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Tommy
The difference in the football being served up at BP from earlier in the season to now is quite astounding.

We had 67% possession today. I don't think I've ever seen Town sides have that much possession. It's been coming though, I think we've been having the greater share of possession in most games in recent weeks. I know possession isn't everything and doesn't mean much if you don't put the ball in the net, but it gives you a chance, and it's sure as hell better to watch.

Today was all about patience in my opinion. And the patience of our lads won the game. We try to play and move the opposition around. We try to build from the back into midfield, and if we can't get further forward than that we'll come back and start at the back again. People are moving off the ball, not penned into their rigid little area they've been told to be in anymore, and players are confident enough to pass and receive the ball under pressure.

Morecambe had some early efforts at our goal but the longer the game wore on, they were happy sitting in protecting their clean sheet. The second half in particular saw us step up the pressure and build momentum. We were starting to get Vernam on the ball a bit more, and Clarke showed some absolutely impeccable touches. The change getting Green on helped get the breakthrough, not so much because of his performance but just due to the extra man up there which reduced the number of spare bodies they had back there defending.

But the key for me, as I said, was our patience. It's easy to start to panic and, through a sense of urgency as time ticks away, start to go more direct and be less composed. But despite time ticking away in that second half, our team stuck to the playing philosophy that Holloway is building. They still passed the ball, and they tried to work openings rather than forcing things forward. This, deservedly, won us the game I thought.

Possession: 67% to their 33%.
Shots: 21 to their 9.
Shots on target: 7 to their 3.

Really enjoying watching this Town team. Already can't wait for the next game. Not only that, I'm excited for what Holloway could have us playing like next season, after having this impact mid-season within a matter of weeks.

Amen to that 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.