2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
ancientmariner54
February 16, 2020, 12:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -200
Gold Stars: 13
Don't understand Web sites. But what if we win the next two games ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Mariner Ronnie
February 16, 2020, 1:00am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Sankt Pauli ist braune Scheiße. 😁
Seriously though a few pre match beers in Sternchanze then lunch down Landungsbrüken, what's not to like.
Beautiful city.

It’s an absolute blast that place, the food in the blockbrau place is second to none.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
Mariner Ronnie
February 16, 2020, 1:00am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Swindons divided into two parts (old town and new town). A few boozers across the road from the train station if travelling by train. Lovely pub called the tuppeney (https://thetuppenny.com) in the old town : great range of ales (craft, cask etc) and food is nice too. Short taxi ride to the ground if you don't fancy trying your luck on the magic roundabout!

Cheers mate appreciated 👍🏼🍺

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
GYinScuntland
February 16, 2020, 1:10am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

It’s an absolute blast that place, the food in the blockbrau place is second to none.

Blockbrau is great food in a gorgeous building, the roof terrace in the sun with views over the Elbe and docks second to none also.
They brew their own beer but unfortunately for me it's one of the few I can't drink, I like the taste but I'm bloody allergic to it and has me reaching for the inhaler.
Bottle of red goes with the steak and veal sausages so win win. 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
PoutonStepover
February 16, 2020, 8:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
There’s a great Chinese restaurant in the old town, Connie’s!

I’ve got family in Swindon, will be taking them in the away end with us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Mariner Timsky
February 17, 2020, 9:48am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Well this certainly has the potential to be very tasty indeed and one Town could quite easily snatch a win from  , , , how good would that be?!

I know when they played up here the other week , , , Cobbler Land that is , , , they didn't dominate according to the local shoe folk and it was quite an even game heading for a goalless draw until Swindon snatched a winner

Town will go down there in full confidence and last time we went away to the leaders , , , Exeter wasn't it we grabbed a 3-1 win and I believe that still is their only home defeat , , , , Swindon have lost 3 at home so are certainly beatable , , , , ,

Come On Town lets get a third win on the bounce, , , , something we have yet to do this season!

I remember it being this time last year heading to Swindon and I think we had just won four on the bounce (I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong- Stat Man Les?)  and looking for our 5th win in a row and to push on for a good finish to the season and potentially Play Off's - instead we got a 1-1 at Swindon and then it all kind of fell apart and the season just well ended from that point!!

Still what ever happens Saturday it will be entertaining and so will the games following whether or not we have anything to play for

UTMM
ATAW
GTID  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Swindon away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.