Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play-offs?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 317 Guests

Play-offs?

This thread currently has 5,171 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
February 12, 2020, 9:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
We are already preparing for a serious challenge for promotion next season.  Shame that will probably be without Glennon and Benson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
Grantham_Mariner
February 12, 2020, 9:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
If, and I don't think we will, do get to the playoffs we would be in such great form we would more than likely win them.

We can't can we ?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
Mariner Timsky
February 13, 2020, 10:33am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Let's say we win on Saturday v Morecambe , , ,

That will be 32 Played , , , , ,  10 Won 11 Drawn and 11 Lost , , , , ,  leaving us on 41 Points

If we are saying 72 is the target , , ,

Then with 14 games to play realistically we would be needed to win what 10 of those , , , 9 minimum?

A big ask and would be one hell of a run , , , imagining going into the Play Off's on that kind of form!! , , , yes of course not impossible , , , , ,  but improbable!

Like what has been said already just really enjoying the footy right now and being entertained - I haven't seen a performance like Tuesday for a very very VERY long time as a Town fan and I'm sure many younger than myself never have!  

I will be more than happy with a finish around 13th , , , that'll will do nicely

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
Mayaman
February 13, 2020, 10:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Remember when Liverpool were 3 nil down against Milan.  That was an impossible ask to come back in 45 minutes against a side renowned for their defence. I'd say it's highly unlikely but you never know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
Heisenberg
February 13, 2020, 11:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We are already preparing for a serious challenge for promotion next season.  Shame that will probably be without Glennon and Benson.

Maybe we have a chance of getting them for the full season?  If they're not going to press on into Burnley's 1st team any time soon (I'm guessing here, and maybe I'm wrong about that), maybe the club would deem us as a good option for them to progress further?  Knowing Ollie, he'll have had this discussion already if he's interested in them, which I'm sure he is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
Abdul19
February 13, 2020, 11:08am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Yes I think you're right. My main worry on that front would be if a club in a higher league were interested Burnley would rather send them there instead.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play-offs?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.