Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford cheats?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Salford cheats?

This thread currently has 5,654 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
February 9, 2020, 10:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
FFP is a joke, designed primarily to stop the big clubs having their party ruined by another Man City.  If anyone were serious about stopping runaway debts, a simple spending cap would suffice.  That would make things too fair though, wouldn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
golfer
February 9, 2020, 11:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Everything where money is concerned for the elite is crooked,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Poojah
February 10, 2020, 8:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from wigworld
In spite of all this bending of financial rules by various clubs, none of them ever seem to go that high in the football pyramind. Fleetwood look to have found their highest level at league 1, Crawley and Village Green in league 2. Manchester City may be the exception, but they climbed (cheated, if you see it that way) before financial rules came into being.
Eventually the rich kids will get bored of Salford and they'll settle at league 1 if they're lucky, more likely league 2. I find it hard to take them seriously, but it doesn't bother me too much -  there are bigger things to worry about.

I think the best example of flouting the pre-FFP environment is Bournemouth, a historically smaller club than us who could never have made it to the Premier League ‘organically’.

That doesn’t mean you can’t admire the job Eddie Howe did in taking them all the way from the bottom tier to the top (with his little sabbatical at Burnley in between) - they spent what they spent incredibly effectively. But what they spent was nevertheless way above their natural means.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
KingstonMariner
February 11, 2020, 4:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Poojah

I think the best example of flouting the pre-FFP environment is Bournemouth, a historically smaller club than us who could never have made it to the Premier League ‘organically’.

That doesn’t mean you can’t admire the job Eddie Howe did in taking them all the way from the bottom tier to the top (with his little sabbatical at Burnley in between) - they spent what they spent incredibly effectively. But what they spent was nevertheless way above their natural means.

Yep. Bournemouth were serial offenders* when it came to spending money they didn’t have.

* and I don’t mean they kept nicking cornflakes

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford cheats?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.